EOI - Newcastle Sodium Perc/Met Bulk Buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBOB

Reaction score
Never seems to be any bulk buys in Newcastle, and I'm interested in getting some sodium percabonate (and if enough interest some sodium metasilicate to mix up a PBW like DIY mix).
As yob has mentioned previously
  • 3 parts sodium perc + 1 part Sodium met make a backyard PBW

All Pro in sandgate has the following prices:

Sodium Percarbonate
$52.80 per 25kg bag inc GST (~ $2.15/kg)
Sodium Met
$44 per 25kg bag inc GST (~$1.80/kg)

Not as cheap as some previous BB in Sydney and Melbourne but cheaper than trying to buy small lots locally or shipping it.
So, any local brewers interested in perc or met and if so roughly how much. We can then determine if there is enough demand or if I just go buy some perc on its own.

jonnir said:
I'm in Brisbane and keen for 10
thats a fair drive for pickup
;)

this would be a pickup only deal and likely only from Wallsend

jonnir said:
Lol! Sandgate in nsw! Not Qld hahaha
understandable confusion though i thought the 'Newcastle' bit in the header would remove that ;)

jonnir said:
Lol! Sandgate in nsw! Not Qld hahaha
Not to hijack but I got some pricing today from Clontarf in QLD if you're interested

Somewhat dearer though

PERCARB - $82.50 INC
METACILLICATE - $55 INC

25kg bags

Kingy, based on the current feedback it looks like enough demand to split a bag or 2 of met.

I'll post a more detailed split list sometime this weekend and hopefully it can all be sorted and done in a couple of weeks.

I'd be keen on 5kg of perc..based on the central coast but happy to come pickup

I'm commuting back and forth between Coffs and Muswellbrook at the moment, if anyone could either grab some for me and hold onto it until next time I head through (usually every 2-4 weeks)
Or if anyone out Singleton/Muswellbrook is getting some and can grab it for me, my wife could come pick it up from you, that would be very much appreciated

I'd be in for a half sack of perc and maybe 5kg of met?
I'm keen to make some DIY dishwasher detergent out of this too

I'll take a 25kg bag of Perc, my last one is finally running out.

My wife has taken to using it in the dishwasher because it cleans way better than dishwashing powder. seems my supply is disappearing much quick now

EDIT: Just went back and had a read about PBW, sounds like id be crazy not to buy some met as well, so:

25kg bag of Perc

5kg of met

Back