EOI House of Malt B/B

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wide eyed and legless

Reaction score
Gave The House of Malt Aussie Pale Malt a try, while the grain seemed only slightly smaller than Voyager was very happy with the end results. Just putting it out there if there is any interest in a B/B, a small Aussie company doing it tough in this present clime could do with some help.

Just had a look at their site. Looks like good stuff. If they mill and have shipping issues sorted out at a price, they'll get my custom. I'll give them a call. The best way to make money is to sell alot of stuff at a competitive price. No order too small.

I agree - used it before. Great malt. Happy to join in.

If they can be shipped to Sydney I’d be in for a couple of bags.

Do they do spec malt? could be keen on some splits (5kg lots) I am still good from the Voyager bulk buy but might be tempted on a sack of base malt as well

Do they do spec malt? could be keen on some splits (5kg lots) I am still good from the Voyager bulk buy but might be tempted on a sack of base malt as well
He doesn’t do specialty grains but if you visit his web site you will see what he does malt and the prices for small amounts
I just recently got a bag of his Aussie ale and some Munich from him and will certainly be getting more from him

Only a small operation, but I did like the malt I got, well worth the drive over. Anyone battling in business deserves a leg up. If I thought the pale malt was not worth considering I wouldn't stick my neck out. But I believe this one is worth supporting, and I have only tried the Aussie ale malt.
https://houseofmalt.com.au/

Yeah, but the point of a bulk buy is to buy direct and get as close to wholesale prices as you can. Plus, support the little guy. No reseller is going to be able to offer better bulk pricing that the manufacturer, right?
Still, it's awesome for Drew (the owner of HoM) that he has been picked up by a larger distributor in Melbourne! I can vouch for the awesomeness of his malted goods, particularly the Munich. Bloody spectacular!

If we can get a pallet load we can get a discounted price, 25 sacks. His output isn't so large but it would be a good help for a small Aussie business.
I will start the ball rolling.
weal. 2 sacks of pale malt.

Depending on price and current restrictions, 2 pale, 2 pilsner and 1 munich for me.

I be in for a few sacks as well Leg, love the grain bulk buys. Remember organising one here many moons ago with a Grain and Grape 👍

Back