• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Eoi Honey: Unpasteurised

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CONNOR BREWARE

Reaction score
G'day

Trying to recoup some cost of my Italian honey bee collection.

I've just harvest from one of my hives yesterday.

The honey is a blend of pollens that is winning some praise from my apiarist mates, is got a depth of flavor that is freak-en gorgeous! I don't use any medications or chemicals on the hives.

Anyway last year I sold it all for $1 for 100grams via my wife's work. We got repeat requests for more so happy buyers.

If anyone wants some for mead or high gravity beers or just subtle honey additions to your brew let me know. I was thinking Vac sealed into pouches for posting but I haven't looked into it yet.

The honey will get filtered through SS sieve and cotton cloth to clean up any "Bees Knees".

I also have a colony with it's queen for sale-pick up only. It's my mates and he is down sizing. comes in foam box with wild comb and I can point you in right direction for getting set up in line with regulations and good practice.

As my my wife is on mat leave for our 9 week old boy the office 'market place is unavailable. Hence the post. But if no I interest I'll be looking to shift this in bulk to the butcher at a reduced price.

So sing out in the next week or two before I package up for him and sell it all for another six months.

Cheers

Ciro

definently put me down for another 500gms mate. might have to even double it this time, half a kilo went too quick last time.
might even try adding some to one of my next brews :icon_cheers:
will be in touch.

I'd be interested if you can get it shipped to Sydney. Up to a 3kg post bag would work for me.

I'd be interested if you can get it shipped to Sydney. Up to a 3kg post bag would work for me.
Hey Josh,

Yep I can do a 3 kg vac sealed bag inside a post bag. I'll double bag it so it has a very thick protection.

PM me for a PayPal account and I'll have it filtered and shipped by Friday.

Ciro

definently put me down for another 500gms mate. might have to even double it this time, half a kilo went too quick last time.
might even try adding some to one of my next brews :icon_cheers:
will be in touch.
Done mate, I'll stick you aside the first batch. You'll be back for more quicker this time. So so good.

Cheers

Ciro

How are you packing it Paddy? what sort of increments could we order in?

I wouldn't mind a kilo.. :icon_cheers:

How are you packing it Paddy? what sort of increments could we order in?

I wouldn't mind a kilo.. :icon_cheers:
Vac sealed bags Gar, jars just mean less weight for honey. Then swaddled like a baby in bubble wrap.
If keen Pm me your address and order amount and I'll message back with aus post cost and PayPal details.

Cheers Ciro

Sounds good to me, PM sent, I forgot to put the amount on there, it was 1KG

Cheers

Sounds good to me, PM sent, I forgot to put the amount on there, it was 1KG

Cheers
sweet, Josh just reminded me I need you to send me your pay pal linked email. I'll go to postie tomorrow and get the cost and then send you the total.

cheers for support Gar!

Ciro

Saw this post this morning and thought, damn but Perth's a long way to ship a jar of honey. But I see now I was wrong. I too would be interested in 3kg shipped to the Sydney if you still have some left.

cheers

Grant

Saw this post this morning and thought, damn but Perth's a long way to ship a jar of honey. But I see now I was wrong. I too would be interested in 3kg shipped to the Sydney if you still have some left.

cheers

Grant
Grants will have to be the last order. Sorry all, subject to all deals being honored this beautiful batch is sold out!

More to come in 6 months max!

You should keep that colony and it's queen Ciaron. Looks like you could have a second life as official AHB honey supplier :D

I'm putting first dibs on some from the next batch, I'm honey crazy at the moment.

How many hives are you allowed over there in residential area?

You should keep that colony and it's queen Ciaron. Looks like you could have a second life as official AHB honey supplier :D

I'm putting first dibs on some from the next batch, I'm honey crazy at the moment.

How many hives are you allowed over there in residential area?
Depends of your state and council rules. I was once checked by the council who have by laws the basically allow them to ban you if you aren't running things in a safe way.

I smoothed the waters by pouring him a home brew off the tap that I'd added a couple of kilos at whirlpool. Half a pint later and he swore the council would not bother me again!

Next harvest there will be plenty to go around and you're first cab off the rank as an old 'beer school mate'.

Ciro

love the beekeeping. Did my first harvest only a couple of weeks ago. Brewed a no-alc ginger beer for the kids with a kilo in it. Got 2 hives at the moment, in Vic I can go to 6 on my (residential) property IIRC. Everyone is so used to red gum this and orange blossom that. When they ask me what honey mine is I just tell them its whatever was in flower in a 5km radius for the past 12 months :lol:

Dammit, I'd love some of this.

:icon_offtopic: I am curious as to how much honey can one produce from a hive at home and is it worth the hassel and time for the production?

I'll stand in line for your next batch.
Thanks

Definitely worth the time and effort as it takes very little of both to get kgs of honey. 30kgs from a hive would be quite achievable each year.

Just adding to this thread...

I bought a bunch of honey from Ciro and we've had it about a week now. It really is incredibly good, like nothing I've tasted from commercial honey in the past. It's got such a depth of flavour, buttery, deep and rich. The whole family loves it, and we've had people taste it and buy a couple of kilos at a time.

Thanks again Ciro!

Second that, awesome honey.

My recent delivery is now being turned into mead not 5 feet away from where I type. Happily I got quite a lot on my fingers as I poured it into the fermenter and it was just beautiful. The colour was something else as well.

cheers

grant

Back