EOI: Bulk Buy - Glycerine - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep , I'm in for 2L. Prefer the 500ml bottles. Postage to Coffs Harbour would be appreciated and required.

Might need to pm to remind me when the buy is full (I don't tend to lurk in this bit too much, its a little dangerous).

Nice work lael, will be good not to have about 20 vials in the fridge that need using or 'freshening' all the time.

Oh, might be in for vials too, see how that goes.

Please put me down for 2L. Won't need delivery - Im close by

OK, I've sorted this out going ahead with this. $14 per litre, in 2x 500ml autoclavable bottles. Happy to ship - I think it would end up bang on the limit for a 3Kg bag. (1L = 1.25Kg from the online converter I saw).

Lael - 2L
Gezzanet - 2L
roastin - 2L
MrB - 2L
Sada - 2L

Edit: - I'd prefer 2L per person for 10 spots. 5 left.

Just a bump on this - this is moving ahead. I'd encourage anyone interested in freezing yeast to jump on board! :)

A thought for the punters and fence sitters.

I started my yeast career with a pack of wyeast, a stir plate, and a couple of vials. Easy as to split the pack into 4 , grow one to suit a batch. Therefore about 3 bucks of yeast.

I then began to propagate more, i.e. split it, grow the split to about 250 billion cells, then split to vials which gives me 5 cultures to grow yeast for a batch from (hmmm, about 60c per batch).

I have only bought one pack of each yeast strain that I use (sorry retailers).

It really is the way to go. However, doing this you need to use the vials within a couple of months to have a decent viability.

I am looking forward to having a number of frozen vials, without short time constraints for use, that I can use to culture up enough yeast for a batch of beer within a couple of days. Dont have to bring them back from ''the dead'

This is the future (well, present really....), jump on board if you will......

Edit - and there are limits to which you should propagate from propagates to minimize mutations - hence making a bunch of 'starters' from a relatively fresh yeast.

Put me down for 2L please lael.

Not sure yet whether I'm delivery or pickup, that'll depend on when it arrives and whatever else is going on.

Cheers,

Ken

Lael - 2L
Gezzanet - 2L
roastin - 2L
MrB - 2L
Sada - 2L
Kumamoto_Ken - 2L
Jaypes - 2L

I am good for pickup as well

Update - I've got the Glycerine and the bottles now. Can confirm the bottles fit nicely in the Aldi pressure cooker (just testing sanitising one now). I'll start bottling it all tomorrow.

Lael - 2L
Gezzanet - 2L
roastin - 2L
MrB - 2L
Sada - 2L
Kumamoto_Ken - 2L
Jaypes - 2L

Three spots of 2L left.

Back