• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Eoi Brand New Manufactured Corny Keg Posts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks

wort jockey
Reaction score
Hey all,

I need half a dozen new posts as some have rust in the threads, bit banged up etc so I talked to my good mate who runs CNC and integrex machines for a living (I really didn't want to pay $14 each for second hand ones).

He has reliably informed me he can produce them for about $6-7 each including him getting paid to make them (his machine hours need to be charged).

Obviously this is also based on him making more than just a couple so I'm gauging interest. I don't expect these to get made in the next month but pretty soon after.

They would be pickup from Brisbane (Kenmore or City) / BABBs or posted at cost.

Cheers,
Parks

-EDIT-

I should add these will be made from 304 stainless (quality aussie stuff)

Hey all,

I need half a dozen new posts as some have rust in the threads, bit banged up etc so I talked to my good mate who runs CNC and integrex machines for a living (I really didn't want to pay $14 each for second hand ones).

He has reliably informed me he can produce them for about $6-7 each including him getting paid to make them (his machine hours need to be charged).

Obviously this is also based on him making more than just a couple so I'm gauging interest. I don't expect these to get made in the next month but pretty soon after.

They would be pickup from Brisbane (Kenmore or City) / BABBs or posted at cost.

Cheers,
Parks

i'd like to see some with a barb on the end for my cpbf.

i'd like to see some with a barb on the end for my cpbf.
I'm not really sure what you mean.

Just incase my description wasn't 100% clear on what he's making it's these:

keg_posts.jpg

If it was clear, could you describe or better yet draw a diagram of what you want and I can ask him.

-EDIT- check the photo further down for a more accurate representation of the bottom part of the post.

LOL to posting the same thing at the same time

ok edit...

whats the female / male thread on these ? are they "standard" or something strange as i had an "idea" and at that price would take a few sets if i can get a bolt / thread for the other end.

5 sets ?

ok edit...

whats the female / male thread on these ? are they "standard" or something strange as i had an "idea" and at that price would take a few sets if i can get a bolt / thread for the other end.

5 sets ?

They are far from standard.

My mate told me he stuffed the first posts he made as he assumed they were UNF but there were actually ever-so-slightly different. Something like 19/32" - 18 but with a slightly larger outer thread diameter.

Also, the ones he's making for me have the bigger base with more surface area for a shifter/spanner like this:
keg_posts_2.jpg

Essentially, he'll make whatever I (or anyone else) wants but best to have all the same.

I'd be interested in 6 gas and 6 liquid posts. I have a mish mash of normal hex posts, some star posts, etc, etc. It offends my requirement for standardisation and I haven't managed to get one of the "star" posts off as I didn't want to bugger the post. If I can get some new ones, then bring on the multi-grip removal session. he he...

Actually make it 8 of each. May as well have some spares...

If he could make the base a standard size for deep spark plug socket, that would be awesome!! Everyone normally has one of those sockets in their Repco tool kit and it would be neat to be able to take the post off wherever without needing some special sized deep socket.

Don't worry it's not worth his hassle for just a few. But if you could have the regular gas post on top and instead of a female thread on the bottom a hose barb to fit standard 6mm beer line. That way i'd have a male gas post that could be on the end of my cpbf gas lines and would just clip into a disconect in my keezer when i wanted to use it.

Don't worry it's not worth his hassle for just a few. But if you could have the regular gas post on top and instead of a female thread on the bottom a hose barb to fit standard 6mm beer line. That way i'd have a male gas post that could be on the end of my cpbf gas lines and would just clip into a disconect in my keezer when i wanted to use it.
Ahh, yeah.

I could definitely get some of those except you have trouble with poppets etc. What might be best is to simply make a matching male thread with the barb and then you can screw any post assembly to it.

if the base thread is not "gettable" then my idea is bust...

might mean i opt out unless i can sort that end

(not pissing in the thread but i assume we need to add the extra $10 for seals and poppets etc needs to be added. unless you have them at home etc)
just so readers (and me) are fully informed )

if the base thread is not "gettable" then my idea is bust...

might mean i opt out unless i can sort that end

(not pissing in the thread but i assume we need to add the extra $10 for seals and poppets etc needs to be added. unless you have them at home etc)
just so readers (and me) are fully informed )

I don't think you'll find that thread anywhere just by chance. I think they must have been proprietary when they were made.

Yes, this is purely a replacement for the main stainless part of the posts. I don't have any homebrew retail interests, only tried to source a cheaper option to replace mine and I luckily enough have a mate who can make them. He can't make poppets or seals :)

It would likely be at least 4 weeks before this came to fruition as he's down in Brissy this week. This thread was mostly just to see if it was worth his effort to make a reasonable amount of them.

another way you might increase production (for the maker) is to see if a few retailers might pick up some as well.

wish i had a CNC and integrex machine on hand... i would be keeping in sweet with your mate if i was you :)

another way you might increase production (for the maker) is to see if a few retailers might pick up some as well.

wish i had a CNC and integrex machine on hand... i would be keeping in sweet with your mate if i was you :)
Already on it :)

Also note craftbrewer now has them at $9.95 each so significantly cheaper than when I first looked.

The $6-$7 price I said above is possibly a fair bit more than they should be. His initial thoughts were under $5 each but I didn't want to say that and have costs rise.

Anyone is welcome to buy from anywhere. I will not be making money out of it and he won't other than getting paid to be at work.

All I know is he produces exceptional quality work, and the material will be good quality australian stainless - not the rubbish chinese crap you *can* find.

-EDIT- fixed CB price - don't know what I was looking at...

http://www.dresselbrew.com/Keg_Info.htm suggests all 19/32"

However, I believe some are NPT and some BSP which might explain the incompatibility
These are UNF.

He only had the female thread to go off so he said it wasn't standard UNF.

He knows his shit and will have measured every angle and length down to the micron. The tolerance on the post will be the biggest margin of error.

Also, as it was the female the male post may actually be standard 19/32. The female thread isn't.

Latest posts

Back