Enough Recipes For 4 Life Times

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray_Mills

The Old Man of Brew
Reaction score
Munting Ilog, Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Hi
I forgot who posed this statement!
Its so true, if you have Promash or what ever, part of the hobbie for me is formulating recipes.
I have enough for 6 life times of brewing.
The funny thing is you brew a batch of one style and after it has all gone you think "Gee I can make it a bit better" and it goes on. You do another batch and it turns out better and the next batch is better again.
When does one have time to make the other beers. I have been promising myself to brew a batch of Dunkelweizen now for 12 months and its still not in the fermenter. Can someone make it for me?
Drinking on tap at the moment my first Rye Imperial IPA. What can I say its a great beer and at 7% i will be talking shorthand soon.
Cheers
Ray

Yeap all too true, Iam proberly brewing and drinking enough beer for two life times leaving me with a stock pile of recipe ideas for another two life times!

Jayse

Promash?

Pen paper and calculator or abacus is enough for several lifetimes

Promash is for pussies

Jovial_Monk said:
Promash?

Promash is for pussies
Hmmm, do you know what a pussy is JM? :rolleyes:

so close to a reply tda but im gonna bite my tongue. ;) :ph34r:

Jovial_Monk said:
Promash?

Promash is for pussies
I remember someone a few years back wanting to have some brew software written for Australian and NZ brewers B)

Turns out their was already an awesome piece of software available. Promash. Now there are more (Beersmith etc).

And weren't you advertising Promash disks at your store recently Tom ?

Promash is perfect for any brewer (that isn't too tight to part with a couple of bucks for it).

Beers,
Doc

PS: If your pussy is smart they can use Promash too :D

i agree that pen and paper is good so u know how to work all out properly but hell i love promash easy to use and why should i make life hard with brewing it a hobby i want to make it easy not complicate it plus i found promash to be accurate for my set up when i got it set up right plus it is easy as

Jovial_Monk said:
Promash?

Promash is for pussies
who is calling me a pussy ya dont even know me :eek:

heheheheh

Seriously, before relying on computer programs try reading up about beer styles and working out your first few recipes by hand (paper, pen calculator)

Promash, beersmith etc are of most use in calculating temperature/volumes of water to use to perform stepmashes.

On the HBD site (hbd.org) you can read up on the hop algorithms used by these programs.

Jovial Monk

Jovial_Monk said:
Promash?

Promash is for pussies
............better not !

Back