Enough Is Enough

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis'Lager

Reaction score
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN AUSTRALIA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT
GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN
PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?>

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT
THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING
COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS
PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING,
BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

this has been tried plenty of time and every-time it has no effect cause ever if we dont buy any fuel on that day we all well have to buy it eventually cause they have us by the short and curlies and can wait us out unless your planning to convert to an alternative fuel that hasnt been tried. so call me a non believer but this is something i know a lot about as my parents have owned a servo.

barls said:
this has been tried plenty of time and every-time....

Barls, fair point - Obviously this exercise will not create a revolution - If this message gets around to enough people maybe, just maybe if it works the way it says it will, we can be Aussie and "stick it up 'em" maybe even just a little. Cause i know myself i'm sick of the rising prices. So be a sport and send it too all your mates in the Servo industry..

most of the people in the servo industry i know are sick of the prices cause the make at the most is 5c per litre which means they have to sell a shit load of fuel just to break even especially with the rates that the pump jockeys get. the real criminals in the petrol prices are the big companies and the government as they take about 75% of the price with the government taking most of that in tax. what about the 3x3 levy that they put in about 6 years ago that was only suppose to be for 3 years. as for the big companies they dont care if the dont sell 1 litre for one day as they know that sales will be higher the next day. im sorry im a bit of a synic but i know its the truth. anyway hopefully this will have some effect unlike the last 6 or 7 times cause im sick of having to pay huge dollars for fuel as my car will only run well on premium thats 95 ron or higher

Murray said:
Using less fuel is a good start.
[post="74742"][/post]​
Yep.

If you think fuel prices are high, go and live in the UK for a few months. You'll find fuel prices remarkably cheap when you get back.

perhaps a better way would be to boycott filling up with the 2 biggest oil companies - BP and Shell.

They will need to discount to get people back to thier stations and we would have a price war...

So we could make 1st 2 weeks of sep boycott weeks.

If everybody hurt the oil companies, and caused them a financial loss, what would happen? They would jack prices up to compensate.

Its the price you pay for de-regulation.

I nearly choked on my evening meal tonight.... ACTEW (Canberra's water supplier) has announced, that they may have to up the price of water.

The reasoning?

The water restriction system has been too successful, and hence their profits have been reduced!

The price you pay for having a garden that resembles the Gobi Desert, is to pay the same amount for less water.....

(Before anyone flames me about water friendly bush gardens, mine was legacy - it came with the house!)

and it cheap compared to the New Zealander as i think it $1.42 in the cities and i hat e to see the price on the west coast like near fox glacier

Pls stop SHOUTING !

one day wont make a difference. a large part of the price is taxes to both state & federal govts. oil companies are like bread and beer industries - cant lose.

mandrakar said:
If everybody hurt the oil companies, and caused them a financial loss, what would happen? They would jack prices up to compensate.

Its the price you pay for de-regulation.
[post="74792"][/post]​

and privatisation. has ANY essential service (electricity, water, roads etc) been made any better to consumers by selling it off ?

sorry ranting ....

Don't like the increased price of fuel?

Leave the car behind and walk,ride a bike,catch public transport, and feel good about making a small contribution to the environment and air quality.

All the fossil fuels in the world wont help us when temps creep up and water becomes a pricey commodity.

not buying fuel 4 a day is futile and akin to pissing in the wind. :(

Why not make Sept 1 a no driving day and help the environment instead of worrying about your hip pocket or sell one of the 2 cars in the driveway and save on fuel and rego 4ever. :excl:

Unfortunately we have a love affair with the convenience of our cars and find it easier to whinge and rail against a corporation than to make a change personally and benefit the planet.

(dismounting from soapbox)

i am with gmk on this one,even if we only picked one supplier every month,boycott it for that whole month,imagine nearly every australian boycotting that one brand for a month,they would soon get their price structre in order,i know they have to pay more for their oil but its the time frame that annoys the shit out of me,as soon as oil goes up over seas they imeadiately jack the price up,when it goes down they take 4 weeks to drop the prices,ASSHOLES. lets pick one brand per month,it might not do a lot overall but shit they would be dreading when its their turn for the boycott,might make them get together and be honest for a ghange,,I HATE OIL COMPANIES,BANKS,AND MOST POLITICIANS,
FERGI

PS AND I HATE MY EX WIFE TOO
and her mother
and her stupid arobics friends with their poofy arobics outfits that never seemed to sweat or need ironing even after they had finnished,WANKERS
and while im at it her bloody really really imaculately clean car that she washed about 3 times a week
OK I feel good now ill go and have a beer

cheers
fergi

bang.gif

HATE OIL COMPANIES,BANKS,AND MOST POLITICIANS

:p Dude thats easy,Sell the car,no need to buy fuel.Keep your money under the matress,and don't vote.LOL

Sean said:
If you think fuel prices are high, go and live in the UK for a few months. You'll find fuel prices remarkably cheap when you get back.

Hit a pound a litre in some places recently. I don't drive over here though thankfully (apart from a hire car every once in a while).

Thats around $2.35 a litre!

KoOK ,

SSSHHHH they'll think they can do it here too...well theyre on the way to it

And BTW aint that email OLDER THAN MY ONES!!!! they just change the date?!?!

****, i'm pumped!! who's going to join me - come live in the wilderness we can eat pine nuts and berries, smoke natural flaura and talk to the animals breathing in pure oxygen, making love in grass, free without the perils of modern life....

[QUOTE i'm pumped!! who's going to join me - come live in the wilderness we can eat pine nuts and berries, smoke natural flaura and talk to the animals breathing in pure oxygen, making love in grass, free without the perils of modern life.... [/QUOTE]

You've been smoking too much natural flaura by the sound of it. $1.30 a litre for fuel is chicken feed by international standards.
Stop winging!

vlbaby.

mmm no fuel on sep 1 ah, well how will i get down to da local hb shop then, i don't smoke the natural flaura no more, it will be about then that i will run outta piss and theres no way i'm goin down the bottleo ta get that crap. what a problem i have on my hands!!!!!

[quote name='Louis'Lager' date='Aug 31 2005, 03:18 PM']... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ...
[post="74726"][/post]​
[/quote]

It is a little late to be answering this, but here goes.

I work at a service station, so I have some idea of what goes on.

An average sized station sells about 10 000L (an optimistic figure) of petrol a day. At the current price of $1.20/L, that is $12 000.

Apparently, there were 8 278 service stations in Australia in 2002. That sounds pretty reasonable. For developments sake, lets say there are 10 000 stations today.

So, at todays fuel price, using the average amount of fuel, service stations would serve $120 000 000 of fuel a day.

So, please explain to me how there is going to be a loss of $4 600 000 000 ($4.6b) by Australians not buying fuel for 1 day?

In fact, to make that kind of loss, Australians would have to stop buying fuel for over a month, assuming that the service stations obtain their fuel for free.

WHICH THEY DO NOT!

Most service stations sell the petrol very close to the bulk price. I know for a fact, that since I have been working at a service station, not a single delivery has come that has had a cost price lower than that day's sale price. Most of the time, it is a few cents higher.

So we lose money on fuel. Lets say we sell it for 3c/L cheaper than we buy it. That is a $300 loss a day. Stupid, you say? What if I tell you that lower fuel prices can nearly double the number of customers that come into our shop? Who more often than not buy something from our store, at grossly inflated prices. Which is where all of the profit is made.

Fuel is just a tool to persuade customers into shops, and we as a corporation have no say over the fuel prices, as they are directly related to oil prices, and we don't mine oil in Australia.

As for it impacting the oil industry on a whole, are you kidding? We are a society reliant on fossil fuels. Oil doesn't have a shelf life. They can keep on pumping, storing the oil if necessary, knowing that we cannot exist as a society without it.

So.

Please, think before you copy and paste stupid and ignorant ideas on public forums, hoping they make a difference.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back