Enhancer and extract?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haff

Reaction score
Hi all. New guy here and about to start my first brew off today. In planning my process I realised I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with.

For my first brew I am using the Black Rock American Pale ale kit. I have a 1.7kg can of Black Rock Ultralight to use as recommended on the kit. I also have 1.25 kg of enhancer from my local brew shop.

Do I use both of these or is it one or the other?

Thanks!

Just the one, unless you want lots of alcohol. Personally I would use the can of Blackrock LME.
Mark

Just the one, unless you want lots of alcohol. Personally I would use the can of Blackrock LME.
Mark

Thanks mate. Appreciate the quick response.

I thought that was the case but got a bit confused reading around.

I've actually done something similar a couple of weeks ago: a tin of Coopers Stout, Coopers Dark Ale and Coopers Brew Enhancer 2.

I'll be bottling this on Tuesday and maturing it because it's going to be a headbanger and if I put it on tap I'll be legless.

For the pale ale kit I'd use the malt extract personally.

I've actually done something similar a couple of weeks ago: a tin of Coopers Stout, Coopers Dark Ale and Coopers Brew Enhancer 2.

I'll be bottling this on Tuesday and maturing it because it's going to be a headbanger and if I put it on tap I'll be legless.

For the pale ale kit I'd use the malt extract personally.

Have you sampled one yet? And did you use the kit yeast and get a real active fermentation?

I actually ran it through on Melbourne Ale Yeast to keep it viable. Turned out very drinkable from what I remember (that was 3 months ago). I didn't actually bottle.. I kegged. Was legless. :overhead:

Latest posts

Back