English Style Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisso81

Reaction score
ENGLISH IPA

1.7kg Coopers IPA beer kit
1.5kg Coopers Amber malt extract
500g Crystal Malt steeped

10g Fuggles pellets

40g Goldings
Nottingham yeast @ 18 degrees

This is the recipe I'm thinking of putting down, aiming to be true to style with a big malt backbone and Noble hops. Any advice on a hop schedule? I'm not sure where I read it (one of the G&G links maybe?) but thats where I got the 500g Crystal malt amount from, seems a bit too much without some additional bittering which I'm hoping to achieve with my hop schedule. I actually have 40g of both Fuggles and EKG, but was going to use 30g of the Fuggles for a stout, any recommendations for an appropriate hop schedule? I guess I could always go 50/50 and share the 80 grams between the 2 beers. Or am I way out with the initial recipe?

Cheers and beers :icon_cheers:

looks delicious better report on how it turns out.

500g does look like a lot of crystal but it should carry it well.

I would do the Goldings for 30mins to get some flavour and bitterness to counteract the crystal. Not sure you will get much from 10g fuggles unless you boil em for 60mins.

I would because I like my IPA good and bitter but I am aware English IPA is quite malty in taste.

looks delicious better report on how it turns out.

500g does look like a lot of crystal but it should carry it well.

I would do the Goldings for 30mins to get some flavour and bitterness to counteract the crystal. Not sure you will get much from 10g fuggles unless you boil em for 60mins.

I would because I like my IPA good and bitter but I am aware English IPA is quite malty in taste.

Second thoughts 40g @ 30mins might be a bit much 25g might be better.

Cheers Tropical, I wil certainly let you know how it tastes!

The only reason the 10g of Fuggles is kicking around is becasue I was planning on using 30g in a Toucan dark/stout, so all up I have 40g of both EKGoldings and Fuggles to play with.

Can someone help me out with a hop schedule? Pretty please?

Back