• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

english lessons..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fletcher said:
isn't it 'there are' when referring to multiple 'experts'?
"There is" is fine in this case as he refers to "a few" experts. "There are" would have been at least as valid and may have removed that ambiguity that no one else noticed.

Isn't Jeff Fenech in Sydney. He could teach our friend good English. He done a great job on that tv show.

eheh no my enlish isn't enough!
I need to fix the grammar and do some conversation with someone who can correct me...
anyway italian is SVO with some exceptions...

Hey TNT...... what do you do for a living in Nyngan?

I used to live out near there in Cobar.

TNT i think your grasp of the english language is probably a lot better than many of us mate. you're doing well! haha

Tony said:
Hey TNT...... what do you do for a living in Nyngan?

I used to live out near there in Cobar.
Carrying out The Simpsons theory that water goes down the drain in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere. B)

haha and popping burnouts on a blue motorbike :ph34r:

I have passed through Nyngan many times...... not much there!

@Tony I were like a caretaker...in a big farm where they grow oats and barley(not 2row..), they have cattle, lamb and in the end they work also for the copper mine because the have 5 or 6 road trains
every day I cooked for 10-12 people, and make cribs for the driver, than I cleaned the houses, the trucks, I mowed, every day there was something new...

@Fletcher my english is not too bad...but when I start to drink a couple of beers it became better!!!eheheh so you can think:
why you need lessons?You need only beer!!
that's true..the problem is that I can't go for an interview drunk!!! :chug:

@bredsbrew I try to check "the simpsons theory" (Coriolis effect) as soon as I arrived in Brisbane. :beerbang: but it doesn't works always :( and that's the most great disappointment of my Australian experience!

figured it would be a farm hand type of job out there.

I got offered a job at the Girilambone mine but took a job at a gold mine in Cobar instead and moved out there for a while.

Great to see you have spent some time in the real Australia and experienced the culture. It's a wonderful part of the world and very different from the cities, which i personally have trouble spending time in. I Hate them!

I like the country!

yes, farm hand..
Also one friend of the owner works in the gold mine in cobar, his name is Matt and he is a mechanical. A very good boy!!!but he drinks only xxxx gold...

what's your job?

yeah it's a very particular experience!I had green frogs in the toilet, huntsman on the table, brown snake Emu, roos, wild pig outside the door!the farm is at 30ks from girilambone and 45 from nyngan...the problem is that I haven't a car...so I exit from the proprieties 5 or 6 times in 2 months just for buy something in the supermarket.... :D

have you see my videos?!? :blush:
have you see the one in brugge(belgium)???

Back