England Level Test Series

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
hot off the press - The poms just levelled the test series :D

Guess I'll cop it down the pub, where I'm heading now, even though i support the poms - oh well :beer:

Ross said:
hot off the press - The poms just levelled the test series :D

Guess I'll cop it down the pub, where I'm heading now, even though i support the poms - oh well :beer:
[post="70518"][/post]​

For once I am glad, you can't have it both ways. If I were you, I would back the winning side whilst over there and cop the flack when you come home.. In any case, when you are in Rome, do as the Romans do...Have another drink. (Should that be London?) In any case, have another...

:beer:
PeterS....

I didn't know they played test cricket in Libya.

wow!! what a test! kind of relieved england won. if they had lost this one from 100+ ahead and two wickets to go, they would have had no chance in the last three.
and what a great effort from warne, lee and kasper! great batting at the end. we'll get 'me back!!
joe

I suppose now is as good a time as any to crawl out from the woodwork and admit to being an ex pom myself, only lived in Australia a few Months :p

We we're bloody lucky to win at the end though, your tail enders did better than your top order and Shane Warne, What a man!

Bring on Old Trafford. :beerbang:

Brizbrew said:
I suppose now is as good a time as any to crawl out from the woodwork and admit to being an ex pom myself, only lived in Australia a few Months :p

We we're bloody lucky to win at the end though, your tail enders did better than your top order and Shane Warne, What a man!

Bring on Old Trafford. :beerbang:
[post="70534"][/post]​

Hey Brisbrew, your admission now will make it very hard for you what to make for the Qld Xmass case. We can't have too many Pommy beers now can we...

:beer:
PeterS....

Awesome game. Complete edge of the seat stuff.
All the tail end did wonderfully.
Bet Warney is kicking himself for stepping on his stumps though... not that he didn't do a wonderful job with bat abd ball the rest of the game.

Reckon the ground would have been dead silent if Australia ended up coming back after where they started in teh morning.

I turned the TV on expecting it to be over in time for me to watch the 8:30 movie :)

Rich

Was awesome to watch, seriously good performance from the top order.

Only 3 to go! Oh well, means theres more ashes to watch :)

A well deserved win. While i absolutely hate when we lose to england ( dont know why, maybe the irish blood ha ), they played very well, and from the first day looked capable of winning. I can't wait for the next one, it will be a cracker. It is good to see the aussies being beaten, it will be a good test for the bowlers now mcgrath is out. One good thing about the english, though, is that they make some marvellous beers!.

C'mon aussie c'mon, c'mon

Well deserved, though Australia had the worst luck with umpire decisions I've seen in a test match.

Bollocks to "well deserved" :) If the Aussies had pulled off the miracle, despite all things going against us, some would say how much we deserved the win due to Warne's all round performance and the never say die attitude displayed Lee and Kasper.

Bottom line is we missed a golden opportunity to tear the heart out of English cricket for another generation. To go 2-0 down in those circumstances would have been absolutely shattering to the Poms.

It's just lucky we've got more 3 tests to rectify that situation :)

It is possible for both teams to have deserved the win. Both teams played good cricket at times, both squandered chances. At the end of the day we weren't good enough.

Latest posts

Back