End of Boil Lid On Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpsmusic

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I brew in a 10L Braumeister and I cool using a coil chiller. The inlet/outlet of the coil is about 150mm higher than the top of the Brau, and of course there are two water hoses that connect to it. This means that I can't put the lid on the Brau at the end of the boil. If I want to do 0-minute hop additions, will not having the lid on make any difference?

Lid on for me after the boil, whirlpool and steep. Keeps the nasties out of the wort. I have had no ill effects. You could wrap with aluminum foil ??

Depending how close to the edge the coil risers are, you could try getting another lid (just a cheapy) and cutting a section out.

Got the same 10L unit (love it), I no chill, which isn't the answer to your question but might be worth thinking about.

Either of the suggestions above would work, as would a flat sheet of plastic (well some), plywood villa board, an old bucket lid... have to say putting a bit of foil over the top sounds easy.
Mark

Back