Empty Eco Kegs For Free

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kempy

Reaction score
After speaking to the guys at Tipplers Tap about how keen everyone was to get their hands on their used ECO kegs I am offering up ours from Archive.

We have been going through 6 or more of these ECO's a week and not wanting to put them in the bin they have been stacking up in our carpark, mostly being used by staff to move house and make pot plants etc.

I'll take de-gas them and take the bladders out, all you have to do is pick them up.
Best time is Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm, just call up 3844 6098 and ask for Kris and ill set some aside.

If anyone can come up with a more novel idea that our old Bottle Shop Manager who made his wardrobe and storage on his ute out of them I'd love to hear about it and see some pics.

Kris

mount them 2x2 with speakers in the base for a light protable sound system

glue vinyl padding on the base to be used as outdoor seating?

ummm make some beach pontoons?

Anyone have a picture of these?

Here's a pic of what the guys at Tipplers have used one for.... stolen from their facebook

550306_484555671567098_490726850_n.jpg

Get some Keg lube and .............. :p

:icon_cheers:

Paul

I'm thinking of making a raft for my dam would these be any good for that?

If you used them as they are empty, that is bladders pressurised and full of CO2 i think they would be an excellent flotation device.

Is it more "eco" to use these than reusing stainless ones in a commercial situation?

Are they really "eco"?

If you used them as they are empty, that is bladders pressurised and full of CO2 i think they would be an excellent flotation device.

Exellent!
I have to make a trip down to the big smoke in the coming weeks I'll give you a call. A few of those would be fantastic.

Batz

nice one Kempy

if after us homebrewers have had there fill of them this mob would likely take em off your hands.

it is an interesting shop to go to if your into art / artistic creation etc no doubt their customers could make interesting things from them

http://www.reversegarbage.com.au/

Reverse Garbage | 20 Burke Street | Woolloongabba | Q
Open | Monday to Saturday | 9am to 5pm

Reverse Garbage Brisbane is a not-for-profit worker run co-operative that promotes environmental sustainability and resource reuse. We collect high quality industrial discards, diverting them away from landfill and sell them at a low cost to the general public.

We run a variety of environment and waste focused art workshops and educational talks and tours to suit every age and group. We also run a mail order service and host a gallery and gift shop promoting local artists, craft workers and designers who salvage, reuse and up-cycle materials. For more information see

Is it more "eco" to use these than reusing stainless ones in a commercial situation?

Are they really "eco"?

My understanding is that they're mainly intended for one-way shipping, so you don't have to worry about the cost of getting your empty kegs back (or inevitably losing some). So yes, they can be "eco" in the economic sense. Obviously it's more "eco" in the environmental sense to reuse stainless ones and not ship them all over the country/world.

Cheers,
tallie

nice one Kempy

if after us homebrewers have had there fill of them this mob would likely take em off your hands.

it is an interesting shop to go to if your into art / artistic creation etc no doubt their customers could make interesting things from them

http://www.reversegarbage.com.au/

Reverse Garbage | 20 Burke Street | Woolloongabba | Q
Open | Monday to Saturday | 9am to 5pm

Reverse Garbage Brisbane is a not-for-profit worker run co-operative that promotes environmental sustainability and resource reuse. We collect high quality industrial discards, diverting them away from landfill and sell them at a low cost to the general public.

We run a variety of environment and waste focused art workshops and educational talks and tours to suit every age and group. We also run a mail order service and host a gallery and gift shop promoting local artists, craft workers and designers who salvage, reuse and up-cycle materials. For more information see

Cheers for that, id say they would love a few of the kegs, even just to store their other stuff in. Glad too see they have a use after brining us delicious beer.

once saw a house boat using 44's for floatation I reckon 9 of these and some timber and your well on your way

once saw a house boat using 44's for floatation I reckon 9 of these and some timber and your well on your way
apart from when they have the bladder taken out they have one end open. so would be no good for this if the bladder taken out.

My understanding is that they're mainly intended for one-way shipping, so you don't have to worry about the cost of getting your empty kegs back (or inevitably losing some). So yes, they can be "eco" in the economic sense. Obviously it's more "eco" in the environmental sense to reuse stainless ones and not ship them all over the country/world.

Cheers,
tallie

A recycling truck comes to pick them up, rather than a brewery truck. Then something perfectly good is recycled using copious energy.

Eco my hairy white arse. Another "green" load of shite.

Cheap is what it is. Your beer is being served in PET.

eco - nomical

not particularly supposed to be environmently better, supposed to not cost you $150 in unrecoverable cash when you ship one somewhere that you dont have high expectations of it returning from.

As Tallie just said.....

Eco kegs are slightly different than some of the other one way keg solutions in that they are designed to be able to stand up to running through a fairly industrial type racking plant. No need to hand fill or have a special filler.... just shove em on the end of the line and proceed as usual (well, nearly) and they can handle robot or other palletisation or collation devices at the other end.

No reason one couldn't be nicely rinsed out and re-used by a homebrewer - many of us have no problem with beer in PET. I understand the connects etc aren't something that will stand many uses, but you could squeeze an extra one or two out of them I'm sure. Handy to have around as a couple of spares.

Back