Emersion Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefatdoghead

Reaction score
I made a boh pils today, is a 50L batch and I have 4 packets of dry yeast on 400ml of water at 10 degrees at the moment. The plan was to cool the wort through my plate chiller to 10 degrees with and emersion pump and an eski full of ice. The emersion pump shit itself (thank Bunnings it's only been used twice and no I didn't run it dry) so my question is will the yeast be ok @ 10 degrees for 24hrs until I pitch or should I just keep it @ 3 degrees and warm it up later to 10 for pitching?
If it was liquid id just leave it in the fridge at 3 deg but have not used dry much im guessing yeast is yeast but you never know. Oh its Saf lag S-23
Cheers

I made a boh pils today, is a 50L batch and I have 4 packets of dry yeast on 400ml of water at 10 degrees at the moment. The plan was to cool the wort through my plate chiller to 10 degrees with and immersion pump and an eski full of ice. The immersion pump shit itself (thank Bunnings it's only been used twice and no I didn't run it dry) so my question is will the yeast be ok @ 10 degrees for 24hrs until I pitch or should I just keep it @ 3 degrees and warm it up later to 10 for pitching?
If it was liquid id just leave it in the fridge at 3 deg but have not used dry much im guessing yeast is yeast but you never know. Oh its Saf lag S-23
Cheers

Fixed... and the yeast will be fine at 10C. Just keep it covered and away from nasties... simple

Back