Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Smokomark

Reaction score
Brisbane pub crawl here we come.

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
Used to work right next door to the old 'sticky' place for years, wish they would've transformed it earlier. Always hated the place when we went over there for after work drinks.

Still, might be a good little stop over place on the way home from BABBs.

GuyQLD

Reaction score
I'm heading there tomorrow night.

Edit* mate of mine dropped in there today and the hand pump will have an IPA on it tomorrow apparently.

lukiferj

Self Made Alehouse
Reaction score
Appears more than likely I will be there tomorrow night too. IPA on the hand pump. Hot diggity.

Reaction score
Lads. We agree, the 'stick place' we called home should have been renovated a long time ago. The important thing is that we got there in the end.

Now, the first beer on our hand pump today will be the Holgate Temptress; a delicious Chocolate Porter. That said our hand pump will be rotating on an ongoing basis so an IPA will be sure to grace it's lines soon enough. We do have the Holgate Road Trip and the Feral Hop Hog on tap currently which I am sure will hold you over until then.

Five of our taps (not included the pump) will be rotating so there will always be something new and interesting to try.

Demetri and Alex are our names anyway, make sure to come say hi to us when you are in.

GuyQLD

Reaction score
And I'm here. Hop hog going down real good.

Northside Novice

Reaction score
+1 hophog $9.50 schooner
Very good tap line up , ten from memory , solid Ozzie Kraft :)
Only one toilet though ...

lukiferj

Self Made Alehouse
Reaction score
northside novice said:
+1 hophog $9.50 schooner
Really? I actually got upstairs and was confused because there were two men's toilet doors. Weird. Good beers though and the best sweet potato fries I have ever had.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
northside novice said:
+1 hophog $9.50 schooner
That explains the sticky comments prior.
Actually sounds pretty good of a spot in the CBD.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Dribbling over the smart phone hey bro?

GuyQLD

Reaction score
I only stayed for a couple of hours, but good job boys. Great little establishment. I'll definitely pop back in some time in the not too distant future. I want more of those ribs.... :icon_drool2:

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
Ahh!! the old Embassy, used to meet up with mates there for a drink while studying in Bris 1985/86.

Boy the stories..................... and upstairs was ok too, watched a novice impromptu strip one night, pretty good act too! :lol:

Not often a stripper walks in off the street and provides free entertainment, but it does happen. When one is off her head........apparently !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screwy

Reaction score
Pouring like a dream. The retic guys installed a second regulator in the bar unnecessarily, once that was gone it was all good.

Latest posts