Quantcast

Email Notifications

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
I know this must sound stupid, but... (don't you just love it when things start that way?)

I currently have my email notification set to 'instant notification', which means I can get 10 or 15 messages about a busy thread in a day. This is clogging up my inbox, and must be using too much bandwisth on the server.

So....how exactly does the 'delayed notification' work? Most other forums I'm on send you one message, no matter how many replies. This is reset once you actually visit the forum.

Please help a poor little fridge.

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
Maybe try it and see, barf? I suspect it would send one on a time-delay basis, so multiple responses in that time period would only incur one message.

But, I don't know. I never use email notification.

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Could be like a digest type thing where you get on or two emails a day with all new posts that you are interested in?

Let us know what you figure out.

barfridge

Reaction score
ok, my email messages are now retarded.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
barfridge said:
[post="89765"][/post]​
That sounds appropriate :lol:

(sorry, again :ph34r: )

awrabest, stu

TidalPete

BREWING BY THE BEACH
Reaction score
barfridge said:
[post="89765"][/post]​
On a slight tangent here. I continue to get Topic subscription Reply Notifications that have no content added to them. Does anyone else have this problem?

:beer:

barfridge

Reaction score
hrmm, I still got 11 notifications about the coopers yeast in bottles thread thingy (I really don't care 11 eamils worth).

So what's next? I'll just assume this setting sends all the messages, just delays them or something. The emails state they only send one message per board visit, but that's bollocks. Maybe I need to log out completely every time I exit (PITA).

help!

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Barf, I just took alook and there is a daily digest option under your controls. Maybee try that one?

Latest posts