• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Elements for electric home brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchpaul

Reaction score
Elements for electric home brewery
CAMCO 5.5 kw and 4.5 kw 240 v AC Ultra low Watt density (ULWD) ripple element. One of each.

Each element includes nut, washer and 2 silicon high heat o rings to fit them to a kettle or HLT as per the “The Electric Brewery” website method.

I recently build such a system, and over ordered on these parts as it was cheaper to order extra when importing from the US, im keeping a spare but will sell these remaining ones.
They are unused and still in the packet. They meet US requirements, but naturally you should have a licensed electrician install them and confirm electrical safety.
Mine have been working very well, the 5.5 kw keeps a good rolling boil of 80 litres, in a 30 gal (114 litre) kettle. The 4.5 kw one is more suited to a HLT or a 75 litre kettle id say.

Will put them on ebay if no interest here.

$90 each includes p and p.

20160705_120021_resized.jpg20160705_120033_resized.jpg20160705_120057_resized.jpg20160705_120101_resized.jpg20160705_120109_resized.jpg20160705_120129_resized.jpg20160705_122120_resized.jpg20160705_122157_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20160705_120116_resized.jpg
    20160705_120116_resized.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 102
i know 10A (normal household socket) is only 10a aka 2400W, a 15A socket if you have one (old air conditioner plugs with the big earth socket) i think is 3600w? so you would need a super high wattage socket/ fuse/ wiring to make use of a 4kw or 5kw element?

Hi Dan. Yes. They pull some power....I had a 32 amp single phase supply installed in my shed.

The run through a control system with SSRs , breakers , RCD and PID control ect..

glad your not trying to run it through some dodged up "piece of solid wire where the fuse once was" setup then. ive seen people do similar but thats some fire hazard just waiting to burn your house down. :)

32a sockets, are those the sort that look like the big 3 phase screw in sockets?

just out of curiosity how long is that bad boy running for to do a complete brew? that sucker must pull some KWH? im guessing (hoping?) your on solar?

sorry if im threadcrapping, i just run a single 2400w element (not for beer, only "extraction of essential oils" i think is what the law tells me is im allowed to do), would have loved MOAR POWER but the logistics of doing it here were out of the question when i set my system up

Hi Dan. Yes the 32 a sockets are those industrial waterproof type. Nit sure how much power but less energy than the amount of gas it takes to boil 80 litre of liquud fir hour and half.

Not to shit on your ad, but I purchased the same Camco 02963 elements from Amazon for $60aud delivered including nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify. The base is not stainless. I would have preferred these but were unable to import from US at reasonable price. I have found a little but of rust activity upon the first couple use. However the base has niw formed a dark seaked scale type surface. There appears to be no leaching from the base.

Faur enough.. actually i hadnt checked latest price. I bought these earlier last year and they were more than im advertising im sure. Anyhow im open to offers.

stilvia said:
Not to shit on your ad, but I purchased the same Camco 02963 elements from Amazon for $60aud delivered including nuts.
hate to shit on your comment but......

>Order Summary Items (2): AUD 70.35
>Shipping & handling: AUD 15.02
>Total before tax: AUD 85.37
>Estimated tax to be collected: AUD 0.00
>Order total: AUD 85.37

unless i am mistaken... once you go thorough checkout.... its a lot more than that...... not to mention the wait getting it sent from america (i did already check that before even my first comment to make sure it was close to the mark)

Dan` said:
hate to shit on your comment but......

>Order Summary Items (2): AUD 70.35
>Shipping & handling: AUD 15.02
>Total before tax: AUD 85.37
>Estimated tax to be collected: AUD 0.00
>Order total: AUD 85.37

unless i am mistaken... once you go thorough checkout.... its a lot more than that...... not to mention the wait getting it sent from america (i did already check that before even my first comment to make sure it was close to the mark)
Right now... $57.56AUD

amazon.png

mine still says ~$85, not sure how you managed to make yours less?

yes i have just searched and they are very cheap on Amazon right now (im sure i paid USD60 each equavalent for the job lot.... last year on US ebay?) , Anyhow mine are ready to be posted from Aus and the nut, washer, and o ring combination i am offering is proven to work well on my system, with no leaks, and with good earthing continuity between the kettle and enclosure box. (The o ring sits inside the washer in between the metal enclosure and the kettle, to prevent bulging).
Anyway, im open to offers, was presuming the postage will be about 15/20 ?

Also this website offers all stainless ones , but not sure about postage to Aus. http://www.ebrewsupply.com/304-stainless-steel-element-5500w-ulwd-ripple/

You interested Dan. Ill drop the price since they are apparently chesper on Amazon

stilvia said:
I just don't get what the reason is for that comment.....please don't shit on me too stilvia.....just saying.

I didn't want to turn this thread into a shit show (obviously too late). Just pointing out that you could buy new (with 5yr warranty) direct from Amazon for 2/3rds of the price. Take it However you like..

Back