Element question.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailrewop

Reaction score
Hi,

I primarily brew small batch (12-14L)BIAB. I mash with a sous vide stick and boil on my stove. I'd like to add an element to my kettle (big W 19L pot) to fee up stove space. Is there an element I can use where I don't need a temp control box or voltage restrictor keeping in mind I just need this to boil and not mash. I'm assuming the answer is no but may as well check.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Why don't use an over-the-side element, much like what you are using for mashing but with a fixed wattage. There are some 1500W portable hot water elements on eBay (the 2.4kW ones would bee too much power).

Why don't use an over-the-side element, much like what you are using for mashing but with a fixed wattage. There are some 1500W portable hot water elements on eBay (the 2.4kW ones would bee too much power).
Good idea. Thanks.

G'day just wondering what sort of element you went with? I'm in the same boat - same pot, sizes etc. Looking to move away from using my electric stove because it just doesn't get hot enough, quickly enough. Cheers

Back