Electronic Bung Valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked again on the smc website (www.smcaus.com.au) and the pressures switches are actually the ISE range (sorry ZSE is vacuum). From memory these units are a couple of hundred dollars each new, so would be good if you can search around ebay and the like for a 2nd hand job.
wow, so Ive been very lucky, paid around 30 A$ for that.

:icon_cheers: :D

Sure. For natural carbonating. Forced carbonation is almost unknown over here... ;)

Cheers,

Alex

Alex, do you spund early, by racking to the keg before terminal gravity or add speise? Looks neat, I use the mechanical type relief valve.

Cheers,

Screwy

Alex, do you spund early, by racking to the keg before terminal gravity or add speise? Looks neat, I use the mechanical type relief valve.

Hey Screwtop,

I start fermentig at atmospheric pressure (air lock). An then, denpending on the syle or fermentation temperaturen, whenn the air lock start bubbeling slower and slower, I transfer the young beer into my kegs. Fermentation ist still in progress - so the pressure rises and is controlled by my new tool.

I used to use speise but since I have a bung valve... no more need to do so. During spunding the beer reaches its final gravity.

Cheers,

Alex

Zwickel, are using the SMC pressure switch to open a solenoid valve to vent the system? and I assume the three ports are to allow you to spund multiple kegs at once?

Cheers,

schooey

Zwickel, are using the SMC pressure switch to open a solenoid valve to vent the system? and I assume the three ports are to allow you to spund multiple kegs at once?

Cheers,

schooey
yeah, one batch fills three kegs, so I have the possibility to spund three kegs at once and yes, the SMC thingy switches a solenoid valve.
But.... as I wrote earlier in the thread, I dont use that unit anymore. My standard beer stays 6 days in the fermenter (primary), then its filled in the kegs and after a couple of days the pressure will be just spot on, around 100 to 120 KPa and if the pressure doesnt rise any more, put it in the cold for maturing.
thats all so far.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back