• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Electric BIAB setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevsmantis

Reaction score
In light of me upgrading to a bigger capacity setup for sale is part of my "brew in a bucket" setup.
The setup consists of:
  • 32 liter stainless pot with two 1/2" fittings silver soldered into it and a 2500w full stainless electric element (weldless). Comes with lid as well.
  • Smaller stainless pot to be used instead of a "brew bag". Bottom has a hole pattern drilled and the 4 stainless steel bolts are used as legs and keep a stainless steel mesh in place. Comes with a lid with a 1/2" hole in it.
  • Two stainless cross beams to put on top of the biggest pot when mashing is complete, this allow the inner pot to drain.
I've used this system for around 15 brews with a mash efficiency of around 65%. Brews included everything from wheat beers, IPA's and stouts. What is not included is a pump, hoses, camlocks, controller and thermocouple. The new owner needs to add this.

For full transparancy, this system has gone through several iterations with me and I would say that for some mashes the stainless mesh in the bottom is too fine and the re circulation doesn't flow well. My next iteration would have been more bottom holes and using a brew bag or bigger mesh stainless mesh.

Again a nice start to a system with an electric pot with two 1/2" fittings already silver soldered into it. No idea value wise and I don't want to calculate my costs ;-)

Pictures will follow soon.

Located in Newport (VIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back