Election Day Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenlock

Reaction score
Election Day will be a great opportunity to brew. Mash in, go vote and quick shop, and then come back for the boil.

So, what will you be brewing, and what will it be named?

Election Lager (as it rolls off the tongue), a Barleywine (bitter sweet and something you hope in time will turn out magnificient, but you're never really sure) or an unbalanced IPA (throw a heap of hops at a brew to cover the flaws).

:p :D :blink:

Perhaps we should all do one, and with a generous spirit (as is the heart of AHB) each send the loser a bottle, to help drown his, well sorrows.

Postal vote for the win!

And don't forget to brew something bitter, very bitter... just like the defeated pollies :p

I don't care what ever I'm brewing for election day, cause I know what ever it promises to deliver won't happen. B)

A lambic- may as well have horse blanket to go with all the horse shit being spread.

or a

No I do not want your ******* how to vote flyer Ale

toolio666 said:
Whatever you choose, it'll turn to s**t, like your vote...
We'e a collective of brewers here with vast experience and knowledge, which is why I assume you have joined. Therefore,you're assertion is completely errorenous.

"Don't Blame Me, I didn't vote for Him Sour Grape Ale"

Seems like a refreshing change at the start but takes a few months to really develop & show it's true flaws. I can't give you the recipe & don't even think about asking how much it cost to brew. Only (straight) women with Sex Appeal will like this Beer. I was going to brew an IPA but I read that they were originally brewed to survive long trips on boats, that makes me nervous. I also bottled it in clear glass instead of brown, for reasons I either can't remember or won't go into right now

Has a bland, almost cheesy taste with absolutely no body at all & an aftertaste of 'regret' . Worst part is there's 4 years supply of this brew

OT we had a 2010 election party and a mate brought a flagon of sherry to play a drinking game called "Tony Abbott leaves a bad taste in my mouth". Every time the LNP won a seat, DRINK!

VB......cause thats roughly the quality of the politicains.....regardless who gets in

'All Lies' IPA - No hops, is actually just flat warm fosters

Mad Monk Trappist Ale?
Moving Forward Mild?
Working Families Weizen?

I dunno if I'll brew election day. I have a feeling that I won't want to remember it.

Latest posts

Back