Ebay Stainless Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_quintal

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone bought from this guy?
guy?

It's just that i've heard about ebay fonts being called stainless and actually being chrome, so I didn't want to get caught out. I know he has good feedback but i'd rather hear from homebrewers than on ebay.

Also, I bought a kegerator from Craftbrewer. Anyone that's bought one and has a kegerator, does it fit?

Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Cheers,
Alex

No actual experience with this guy - but he's from 2 suburbs away from me.

Given that he's an aussie, consumer protection laws should prevent him from misrepresenting a chrome font as a SS one...

If you need me to go beat him up, let me know :beerbang:

No actual experience with this guy - but he's from 2 suburbs away from me.

Given that he's an aussie, consumer protection laws should prevent him from misrepresenting a chrome font as a SS one...

If you need me to go beat him up, let me know :beerbang:

I suppose you're right. I'll give some feedback once I purchase then. (If negative you may be asked to follow through with your offer).

In this sort of case i usually shoot the seller an email before buying and ask them to confirm to me in writing that the item is definately genuine (if brand item) and to the specs you want (eg stainless steel).

If you never hear back you know not to buy from him (happens quite a lot, actually), if he confirms and it turns out that he lied then at least you got an email in case he deletes or edits the original add or makes up some other excuses, which will help you if you paid via paypal and/or credit card.

i'd be dubious if the font is stainless, i reckon it'd be more likely the taps may be...

my first cheap font (not from this seller) although it was chrome came with an actual stainless tap...

my second cheap font (2 tap) again not from this guy... font and taps are chrome... i don't see an issue having chrome font.. they're hardly a high wear item...

as previously mentioned.. get it in writing before bidding/buying.

From the picture I'd be very surprised if any of it is stainless (but of course it could be as advertised). The Chinese suppliers often call these fonts stainless, but they mean the finish/look not the material, & the resellers often don't know any different or don't really care. If the fittings behind the tap are Chinese chrome plated in all likely hood you're going to find the plating not complete that well result in poor pouring beer & contamination of your beer. I spend hours every week sorting out issues with these crap fonts that have been wrongly advertised. But as stated, these mabe be cosher, so get them checked out by someone that knows what they are looking at.

Cheers Ross

If you want a Chinese chromed font, we'll happily supply you a 3 tap one for the same price as the 2 tap advertised.

doesn't look like stainless to me, but i could be wrong
if it is a cheap chinese chrome job, it'll last less than a year before you start getting nasty crap in your beer
my chinese tap went south and now i'm just using 2 pluto guns inside the fridge

"High quality stainless steel finish"

Little ambiguous if you ask me , and given the price it's kind of safe to assume it's not SS.

I purchased a kegerator off eBay a couple of years ago that claimed to have a stainless steel font.... which of course was a complete lie. I thought I would have been protected by eBay and PayPal "dispute centres" but turns out they didn't really give a shit. They didnt consider the description to be significantly innacurate enough to warrant getting a refund. That is how these guys get away with it!

I purchased a kegerator off eBay a couple of years ago that claimed to have a stainless steel font.... which of course was a complete lie. I thought I would have been protected by eBay and PayPal "dispute centres" but turns out they didn't really give a shit. They didnt consider the description to be significantly innacurate enough to warrant getting a refund. That is how these guys get away with it!

Definitely and the one he sent you originally was a thin walled piece of junk that had already started rusting!

shame it wasnt earlier as you coulda out a complaint into consumer affairs :|
Could still give them a ring though

Back