Ebay Rocks!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
As you do, I search every now and then for beer related stuff and if I find something going cheap at the time I put a bid in.

So anyway I get home from a party and find I have won something...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...:B:EOIBSA:AU:11

4 Tap beer font for $26.50

B A R G A I N! :beer:

I suppose now I need to look out for the 4 andale taps and snaplocks to go with the font... GMK price? (or others?)

It's not the best looking font, but for that price who cares! :)

Man, Ebay is dangerous for people like me... I tend to like spending all my money there, and it never closes!

Great score Slugger.
I don't know how much it would cost to get it stripped down and re-chromed, but that would make it look a $600.

Beers,
Doc

slugger i saw that one as well you got a bargain there .any way my suggestion is strip it down and get her re plated.
i got an andale 3 way font re chromed at a local electroplater in Adelaide so i could sell it on ebay about 2 yers ago it cost me 70 bucks
i bought the font from a club in the country for 40 bucks + 70 bucks for the rechrome and it sold on ebay for 250 bucks.

gold plating is not that much more expensive was quoted 90 bucks.
so you could do her up very nice if you wanted.

delboy

thats a great score slugger!
Like doc said you could have it rechromed and it would look like new. Probably wouldnt cost much to do because its already been chromed before.

vlbaby.

cheers for the prices delboy, I think I'll do that, sounds like a great idea.

Even with postage the whole font is going to cost me $45 then add the recroming and it's still a super bargain.

Just waiting for the seller to give me details to pay...

no worries slugger
the only thing to do is to strip it down and give it a good clean for them and ask them to be watchfull of the treads thats all i did .and mine came out like new .
thinking about it now i should have kept it didn't know i was gunna build a bar and upgrade to kegging oh well
delboy

sluggerdog said:
As you do, I search every now and then for beer related stuff and if I find something going cheap at the time I put a bid in.

So anyway I get home from a party and find I have won something...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...:B:EOIBSA:AU:11

4 Tap beer font for $26.50

B A R G A I N! :beer:

I suppose now I need to look out for the 4 andale taps and snaplocks to go with the font... GMK price? (or others?)
[post="86726"][/post]​

OK.. Stainless Steel Snaplocks are 35.00ea or will do the 4 for 125.00 Brand new.
Brand New Ventmatic Taps are 95.00ea.
I dont have any second hand Andale floryte Taps.
Brand new Andale Floryte Taps and Grundy Taps are 95.00 ea.
Personally - the ventmatics are better.
4mm - 4mm SS Splices for the beer lines are 5.00 ea
Disconects are 27.50 per pair.
Beer Line is 2.50pm.

Hope this helps you out...

Thanks GMK, will start saving.

Any chance of second hand andale taps coming in? If so how much are they usually?

Cheers.

EDIT: 1000th post!~ :beer:

Re-plating is obvoiusly the best option...but...

If you plan on installing it in an area that sees no direct sunlight, what about a nice coat of matte black? Not a traditional finish, but it'd look great with condensation beading off it...and think of how cool it'd look with some shiny new taps hanging off it :beerbang:

PZ.

sluggerdog said:
Thanks GMK, will start saving.

Any chance of second hand andale taps coming in? If so how much are they usually?

Cheers.

EDIT: 1000th post!~ :beer:
[post="86910"][/post]​

Second hand andale taps are approx 65.00 ea

Back