• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've grabbed a free 30L Birko from the local school, they were throwing it out because it didnt work. Opened the bottom and one of the wires had come off, put it back on and works just fine. Offered to give it back but they said it was already written off and they have a new one now. Score!

I've grabbed a free 30L Birko from the local school, they were throwing it out because it didnt work. Opened the bottom and one of the wires had come off, put it back on and works just fine. Offered to give it back but they said it was already written off and they have a new one now. Score!

Buy some seedlings for their school garden or something to pay them back at least.

A couple of punnets of seedlings for a working urn is a sweet deal and you'll feel like you've done the right thing :)

The biggest trouble with seeing a bargain is they are very tempting to buy even though it is not needed.
I put a mulcher out the front of our house on hard rubbish day stuck a note to it, 'In good working order'
could have been a bargain for someone, a Chineses guy pulled up in a ute about 10 minutes later cut the plug off and cut the lead off, then left the plug and the mulcher on my nature strip.:mad:

The biggest trouble with seeing a bargain is they are very tempting to buy even though it is not needed.
I put a mulcher out the front of our house on hard rubbish day stuck a note to it, 'In good working order'
could have been a bargain for someone, a Chineses guy pulled up in a ute about 10 minutes later cut the plug off and cut the lead off, then left the plug and the mulcher on my nature strip.:mad:
If it was one of the cheap Bunnings mulchers like I have, he took the best bit:) Can't remember the brand and it's at the new house.
Used it a few times, always clogs up in seconds.
I just use the secateurs now to chop stuff up.

Not on Gumtree or eBay but in a skip in a old people's home close by. I had noticed in the skip what looked like the jib of a hoist sticking out of the top, have drove past a few times but curiosity got the better of me went and had a look sure enough it was a hoist, not one but two. Ideal for anyone with a bad back or with the larger SVB's.
They look similar to this.
images

I have one mounted on the side of my trailer and use as a crane
You could mount it next to your Guten and use it to lift your malt pipe

I have one mounted on the side of my trailer and use as a crane
You could mount it next to your Guten and use it to lift your malt pipe
Well it is on wheels I was thinking along the lines of lifting he malt pipe from the Guten with it, just got to get it past SWMBO first, I have mentioned it, but told her I was thinking of fixing it up and putting it on eBay, then taking it from there. Somehow don't think that will work, she claims on hard rubbish day we seem to end up with more shit than what we throw out.

Back