• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used those ones but I have used the ones that you can get from ikea, they are pretty solid and hold 1100ml.

They are called korkage from memory and cost $2 each.

I cracked one last night which was 9 months old and had no dramas with the beer. I also use them as growlers sometimes aswell.

Alot don't like them because of the clear glass, bit that's your call.

I want to bottle a cider, green would be nice but I definitely don't want brown.
Do IKEA do a 400 or 500ml?

Aldi sell 750ml swingtops with soft drink in them for $4. It'd turn out pretty costly for 24 of them though and you'd have alot of soft drink to get through, but the bottles are nice and sturdy. I've been using them for mead with great results.

H0U5ECAT said:
Has anyone used these swing tops from eBay?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301188590310&alt=web

Is the glass thick enough?

LiquidGold said:
Aldi sell 750ml swingtops with soft drink in them for $4. It'd turn out pretty costly for 24 of them though and you'd have alot of soft drink to get through, but the bottles are nice and sturdy. I've been using them for mead with great results.
when you add it up you are looking at 24 bottles for $83.50 from ebay or $92 from Aldi (not desired size by the sound of it) lots of softy to drink.

you might want to check ebay out for bargains like this..

In Queensland.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GROLSCH-BOTTLES-/151300872967?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item233a3c1b07&_uhb=1

surly said:
A bit inconsistent in the ad.
Apparently 4mm thick at base.
Yea the ad says 70 ltrs then it says 56 again...
Is 4mm base thick enough??
This just doesn't seem right.... why so cheap?!!

DU99 said:
NEW COMMERCIAL56L STAINLESS STEEL STOCK POT Melbourne

These are ElCheapo Heidelberg Heights,
I checked one of these out in person from a gumtree ad a few weeks ago (I say this based on the manfacturers sticker on the side of the pot), there were quite a few rust spots in the bottom and the welded seam about an inch up from the base didn't look too flash (hehe, no pun intended) either . I let it go.

Step back from these pots.

I'm in a dispute atm regarding them changing the pot size after my order was placed.

And the lid they sent for the 16L is clearly for the 18L and so doesn't fit.

Highly disappointed so far.

Funny you should say that about a month ago when they came out the size was the 50/32/18 and I msg them to ask if they where getting more then when they told me the new stock arrived I checked the add and in the description had different pot size so I asked them what size they are and they have changed the add now

Back