• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've sent messages to people selling kegs locally to me before asking if they were legally acquired (and mentioning how much of a no no stealing kegs is)
I always get back a very angry vitriolic response and usually implying that i'm being libelous saying that they're stolen

I've sent messages to people selling kegs locally to me before asking if they were legally acquired (and mentioning how much of a no no stealing kegs is)
I always get back a very angry vitriolic response and usually implying that i'm being libelous saying that they're stolen

I just asked the question and if they have any documentation proving so. I'm expecting an angry response, and a report to ebay not far behind.

I just asked the question and if they have any documentation proving so. I'm expecting an angry response, and a report to ebay not far behind.

Perhaps send the link to Little Creatures, if they were to bid and win the bid I believe they would have a good case to prosecute.
We"ll all be interested in the response you receive.

Perhaps send the link to Little Creatures, if they were to bid and win the bid I believe they would have a good case to prosecute.

I already did about 1/2 an hour ago :)

Got to support Australia brewing

Link sent. Let's see what little creatures have to say.

Apparently they were left behind at a rental property and he has no idea if they are legal. Likely story.

Apparently they were left behind at a rental property and he has no idea if they are legal. Likely story.

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available. ;)

How do you legally acquire a keg?
Do breweries sell them off?

Breweries usually sell them off in bulk to tenderers (such as keg king)
that or some euro/US breweries don't bother importing them back, as it's cost prohibitive and the bar will usually sell them for scrap

They can be decommissioned and sold off, with certification and with the brewery names stamped out.
Some of the site sponsors sell them, i'm assuming that's what they would be.

Mine originate from European breweries but have been decommissioned and sold on (in my case by a local start-up that didn't go ahead.

It is a sensitive subject on here. They're not cheap items to be, essentially, stealing, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back