• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone using one of these? Been thinking of getting one for a while now. Saves having to wire it your self and comes with a waterproof prob. which I'm thinking could go in a 4l bottle of water which would equal the fermenter?
If you can't wire your own controller that one may be useful (but I'm not sure if that is actually 'approved' appliance anyway), however the more common (STC1000) type controllers are cheaper, have a wider temperature/use range and will automatically switch between heating and cooling.

I cant see any reference to a timing delay for turning the fridge compressor on and off.
It may end up stuffing up the fridge compressor if it is constantly turned on ond off.

which I'm thinking could go in a 4l bottle of water which would equal the fermenter?

loads of debate about this thought.. from what I can gather water will not read the same temp as alcohol, this is why people tend to end up with probes stuck to the sides of the FV generally.. (myself included)

If I had an electric urn I would maybe one of these but otherwise the STC has my vote coz with hot and cold control it means you can just walk away :rolleyes:

STC's probes cant be immersed can they? would be freakin awesome if they could...

I cant see any reference to a timing delay for turning the fridge compressor on and off.
It may end up stuffing up the fridge compressor if it is constantly turned on ond off.

The STC1000 controller is great and it's really cheap. I have one controlling my keg freezer and one controlling my fermentation fridge with heater. They do have a compressor delay timer which you can adjust the duration of.
Great bit of kit.

Looks like it is suited to heat aquarium. I would buy one to control a fridge. I wonder if anyone on here use bought one. Reading the details makes me question if it can really control a fridge.

I cant name specific people but there are users on this forum that have them. It's really not hard to heat a fridge.

Yeah but it is claiming to control cooling as well. I would buy one if it controlled cooling.

Yep, got a stc1000 on the fridge, sparky friend of a friend. Hassle to get another one set up for, hopefully for a keezer. I couldn't imagine that other thing had a dual cool and heat control on one power point without even a toggle switch or some on the box switch. But I think that is what they are claiming. Rather not spend 30 bucks seeing though I do have aquariums.

!! Love the ad,"ice cold beer"!!

A bucket to put the line in model available for just $1500

Back