• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you have better luck with this cylinder than I did.

I bought 1 one on E-Bay - it was fine, no problems.

So then I bought another. It wouldn't fit my regulator. The seller offered me a refund (because he doesn't check them inside the carton when they arrive from China) but I had to pay to freight it back. Try getting a courier to freight a gas cylinder - even an empty one. The cheapest quote I got was $90.

These cylinders have a pressure reduction valve (PRV) screwed inside the valve outlet with an allen key. My local HBS can't refill the cylinder unless I take out the PRV. So, with the first cylinder I bought, that's what I do - take it out, refill it, screw it back.

With the second cylinder, the PRV was buggered and was stuck halfway up the valve outlet. That's why it would fit the regulator. After much stuffing around and seeking advice (unsuccessfully) I drilled the PRV out completely, so I can now use the cylinder.

So it seems that these Chinese cylinders can be OK, but the quality control leaves something to be desired.

Cheers,

Tony

Cheap gas bottles 2.6kg (4 litres) for $180 delivered. Pretty sure they are full of gas too. I think to fill one of these would cost $20 to fill. So they work out pretty cheap. I just bought one yday, can't wait to start kegging

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Carbon-Dioxide-CO2-...=item4cf50e49fc

yeah there was another guy selling them for around the same price a while back. They look like the exact same bottle though.

Herms Brewing system Bids Starting at $1000 Wonder if its anyone on here that is hanging up the ol' mash paddle? Honestly wouldve thought you could put 1 together for half (or less) of the asking price though.

seems fair to me, I have 1 of those 80 ltr kegs and the welding of the cask hole, drilling a hole, welding in a nipple and welding handles on cost my 250 to 300 plus the keg at 60. If you can weld etc.. you could build it for 1100 (200 for kegs (2 are 80 ltrs), 200 for pump, 70 for plumbing, 60 for copper, 100 for frame, 120 for 2 burners, 100 for chiller, 50 for silicon hose, 50 for falsie, 100 for thermomiter, 50 for incidentals) if you have your own material and kegs, then maybe 800 ?

$202 for 6 kegs, gas bottle and extras..... a bargin.
I wish I was closer to Echuca.

Sheds getting cleaned out and home brew stuff gotta go!!!
Pick up in Torrumbarry (via Echuca Victoria 3564)
withing 7 days of auction finish
Included in package is:
6 x post mix barrels (I got sick of cleaning bottles)
I x gas tank (not sure how full) with reg guage and hose
I x old esky with temprite coil built in (MAGNIFICENT!!!)
1 x blue moon CUB tap
2 x plastic brewing drums
1 x water heater (fish tank type)
1 x bottle capper (if you want bottles)
there is some supplies inside but I'm not sure whats there
what you see is what you get...spiders have been eliminated (mostly)!!!
I haven't used it for probably 5 years!
so don't ask me any dopey questions please!

I couldn't resist asking a dopey question.

omg ... why on earth would you buy anything to do with VB???
I wouldn't take it if you gave it to me.

Back