• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
free fridge in waverton on Sydney freecycle

msg 23997

"Fridge - it's fairly old (and not very pretty) but works well enough and has
taken care of me, my husband and daughter for the last several years."

Budron,

This is a cheap urn and 30L will just do full size batches with a dunk sparge. However, some users, including me, have bought this and had the elements go after a few batches. The guy does seem willing to replace but shipping back to him was going to cost me $45. I think BjornJ had his fixed once and then it went again.

It's OK as a short term experiment to see if you are keen on AG but it's not a long term solution. I've upgraded to a 40L Birko and wish I had have done this from the start.

Sam.

Thanks for the info big78sam. Any reason you went for birko and not crown?

Good size fermenting fridge in melbourne - Link

Identical to one i have and fits 2 x 30L fermenters side by side no problems.

Also for the mexicans, 15L fermenters. Good for those not able to do full batches or for strong beers you dont want 20+L of..... Link

Anyone had any experience with this kind of electric urn? Seems super cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/30-litre-tea-coffee...=item415060a604
Also, would a 30 litre be big enough for most BIAB's?

I have done 12 or so batches in my 30L urn (looks a lot like that one) and it's going fine. It's a good size for me because I no-chill in a 20L cube. I do my mash with about 20L of water, then add more water after the mash has finished to get to about 25L. I add a few litres during the boil and aim for 25L at the end of boil. I get about 20 to 20.5L in the cube, the rest is trub.

I have done 12 or so batches in my 30L urn (looks a lot like that one) and it's going fine. It's a good size for me because I no-chill in a 20L cube. I do my mash with about 20L of water, then add more water after the mash has finished to get to about 25L. I add a few litres during the boil and aim for 25L at the end of boil. I get about 20 to 20.5L in the cube, the rest is trub.
are they stainless steel?

Mine is stainless steel. It has a bit of a cheap feel to the quality but it's doing the job really well.

Back