Ebay Boilers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emsworth

Reaction score
Evening all. I'm a new member, just getting organised for my first all-grain brew.

I see there are some cheap boilers on Ebay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230844659149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4053wt_1139) and I'm tempted, but wary. Does anyone know how they compare with Crown etc? You generally get what you pay for, but then again you just never know...

Cheers.

In all the blab and waffle on the ebay listing, I couldn't find the wattage of the element inside it - given it's a hidden element there could be some concern it would not adequately boil a full batch.

Evening all. I'm a new member, just getting organised for my first all-grain brew.

I see there are some cheap boilers on Ebay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230844659149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4053wt_1139) and I'm tempted, but wary. Does anyone know how they compare with Crown etc? You generally get what you pay for, but then again you just never know...

Cheers.
You get what you pay for with ebay, lots of members have been burt..... Save a little extra coin and buy a crown exposed element, you should be brewing for years with no problems.

In all the blab and waffle on the ebay listing, I couldn't find the wattage of the element inside it - given it's a hidden element there could be some concern it would not adequately boil a full batch.

Yes, I've asked them about the wattage, but I haven't heard back from them. <_<

You get what you pay for with ebay, lots of members have been burt..... Save a little extra coin and buy a crown exposed element, you should be brewing for years with no problems.

That's my gut feeling too, but I'm the eternal optimist.

Why an exposed element, though? I thought concealed was the best bet?

Why an exposed element, though? I thought concealed was the best bet?
I've never owned/tried to use a large concealed element for wort-boiling, however quite a number of people on these forums have had issues with them (even brand name ones), you'll need to do a search. ;)

Back