• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, thanks!

I actually found an old 50L pot at work that is not used anymore. Do I have to clean it in any special way before brewing in it?

Absolute piece of piss to drill through an ally pot but if you are a bit unsure mark the centre of your hole get a centre punch or very sharp nail and centre punch the hole being carefull not to hit too hard and dent your pot. A couple of soft taps would be fine. Then use a hole saw of correct size and you will be done in no time at all. Much easier then stainless.

I guess one thing to keep in mind is that the urn also have a thermostat so if you wanted that kind of heat control that would be extra plus to do double you would need an extra element.

Cheers Brad

Cool, thanks!

I actually found an old 50L pot at work that is not used anymore. Do I have to clean it in any special way before brewing in it?

S/S? No.
Aluminium: Fill it with water and boil it, then do not scrub off the gray oxidation. The gray is what keeps the aluminum flavor out of the wort, and is really somewhat like the coating of cookpots.

Welcome back, lee (maybe?).. or is this sudden (somewhat shameless ebay plug :p) appearence just an exit from the hobby?

Welcome back, lee (maybe?).. or is this sudden (somewhat shameless ebay plug :p) appearence just an exit from the hobby?

Hey, have been brewing a fair bit lately. Had about 4 months off due the the birth of my second child but back into the swing of it again. Have come across a few andale fonts both gunn and taipan and am going to sell a few. This is my first one and was just seeing what sort of interest is out there for a good quality glycol font. There are heaps of cheapy ones on ebay so Im not expecting to do so well. Very shameless self promotion I know ;)

I'll have to start getting back along to club meets etc! Actually brewed a RIS and Baltic Porter for the ESB comp today! So no definately not an exit from the hobby. That will never happen

ahhh.. congrats on the new addition, mate! Sorry for the shit stir...good to see you're still in the game. look forward to sharing a couple of coldies with you next.. :beer:

Surely got to be his mate that put the bid in! You would be able to get that gear brand new for less than that!

"brew tank and holding tank"....... (read: two plastic fermenters)

what a knob....

Back