• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exact same problem on my PRV's, no movement at all in the PRV, but I haven't had a chance to disassemble yet.
My PSV in the lid is very tight also but I'm still happy with the keg. It will be full of beer in the morning so time will tell.

I also have had some issues with the 2 I purchased.

1. Keg arrived with dent in the side
a2b19531c04277ea74dd38d18e1a1e42.jpg

I know that it probably wasn't the sellers fault and was done in transit. They compensated with $20 refund or offered disconnects, clamps and line.

2. PRV's are VERY tight. To the point of near useless.

3. Beer out post seems short for some of my disconnects but 1 out of 3 that I tried seems to be working. Have only tried 1 of the 2 kegs so far as 1 has beer that is naturally carbing in it. Gas posts are both fine.

4. Lids seem to need assistance in centering and are annoying.

Other than that they look to be constructed well, nice welds etc.

My PSV in the lid is very tight also but I'm still happy with the keg. It will be full of beer in the morning so time will tell.

Yeah I got one. PRV is super tight, Might need to change the spring in it I think. nearly destroy the ring pull trying to vent the bloody thing.

I noticed the rubber is pretty smelly, not sure if that's normal for new kegs or not.

I gave it a good clean with na perc and star san and its full of lager now.

Yeah I got one. PRV is super tight, Might need to change the spring in it I think. nearly destroy the ring pull trying to vent the bloody thing.

I compared the spring to another PRV and they used the wrong spring. It's the right length, but the gauge of the wire is much heavier, which means the resistance is much greater.

This means the PRV's ARE NOT to rating, and could be dangerous. Fortunately I had a couple extras sitting around.

Also the out post on mine didn't fit the out disconnect so they sent me another post which connects to both beer and gas.

I compared the spring to another PRV and they used the wrong spring. It's the right length, but the gauge of the wire is much heavier, which means the resistance is much greater.

This means the PRV's ARE NOT to rating, and could be dangerous. Fortunately I had a couple extras sitting around.

I think I have an old spring from when I rebuilt a used keg. Might have to scrounge it up.

Now reduced to the never-before-seen bargain rate of $245!

I have two of those type kegs, though mine are >20 years old. Quite good but not $245 worth.

Latest posts

Back