• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've taken to mentioning the cost of time when people ask about the cost of home brewing. Each schooner costs me ~0.25c and a few minutes of my time. They drink a six pack's worth, that's not much monetarily, but I worked to produce it.

To that time I also factor in the insane amount of effort spent trawling Gumtree. Good lord it'll be the death of me.

Known as the "slippery slope"

1. The more brews you do the better your beer gets
  2. Your friends and family soon learn this.
  3. Your friends and family drink you dry
  4. You double out put
  5. Your friends and family still drink you dry
  6. You get a second urn
also at that price you'll almost get your money back, if/when you sold them to upgrade further.
Note there are further adjuncts to this:
  1. The plethora of fermenting vessels
  2. the kegging system (to save time)
  3. the upgrade to stainless fermenting vessels
  4. the bar you build that quickly becomes the favourite for sporting events (Test series do test SWMBO's patience)
  5. The oak barrels for your new found love of RIS and sours
The slope is steep and can become precarious at times.

You have been warned.

Hmm, adjuncts... I'd ask how cost effectively you could buy some of them, but I'm staying right out of that one. :D

I really do think it's kind of lucky my garage is too small to fit a decent set up. It is just so tempting to do everything you've said there

Hmm, adjuncts... I'd ask how cost effectively you could buy some of them, but I'm staying right out of that one. :D

I really do think it's kind of lucky my garage is too small to fit a decent set up. It is just so tempting to do everything you've said there

I now no longer know what to do to myself. Something about oats, wild or otherwise.

Not strictly ebay/gumtree, but pop up shop on Boundary St, West End (Brisbane) selling SS pots:
- 70L SS double wall 'Hot Water Boiler' (doesn't have element) - $150
- 100L SS pot - $140,
- They have 70L/50L/smaller as well.

Anyone seen these double wall SS 'water boilers' before? Seems a very good deal for an insulated HLT/MT or even boiler. Would need some work to mount valves/elements etc. but you could even pump water through the double wall instead of a herms coil.

P.s. 100L/70L pots seem similar to these, which are cheaper and would probably only use these with an electric element. They're pretty thin. ( http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-LARG...858072?hash=item2a86e62c98:g:-cQAAOSwTM5YtYAh )

Attachments

• IMG_7873.JPG
    IMG_7873.JPG
    823.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_7876.JPG
    IMG_7876.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_7874.JPG
    IMG_7874.JPG
    980.9 KB · Views: 200
Not eBay/gumtree but just drove past a FREE chest freezer that is apparently working. It's HUGE! About 1.8m wide... hopefully a brewer grabs it.

Corner Haughton Pde and Lionel St Rosanna (near Banyule Rd)

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1501930644.422151.jpg

hopefully a brewer and not some mafia goon with a lot of bodies to hide

Not sure if there is a better spot for this but I'm going to put it here.

Mad About Science have 15% off for science week. I have many of their flasks and never had a problem with any of their gear.

No affiliation, just passing on information.

------

It's time to celebrate all things science with our annual Science Week offer - 15% off our entire range!

Simply type SCIENCEWEEK2017 into the coupon field during checkout to claim your discount.

August is all about honouring science, and there is no better time to stock up on science supplies and experiment kits.
With our FREE Shipping on orders over $120 - this is an exceptional offer. Don't miss out on our BIGGEST Sale of the year!

Offer valid from now until August 22, and on orders over $60.

------

Back