• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was wondering... but the taxes are paid.... so isn't this keg just out in the 'wild' now?

Nah,, that's probably a shit idea.

Right, but asset ownership aside, say if I bought the keg of beer, and I owned the stainless, can I legally sell it on?

Gut still says no - will have a hunt for legislation when I get the time.

Need to have a piece of paper to sell alcohol.

You're not even aloud to sell that nice bottle of 1957 Grange you have in your cellar.

Liam_snorkel said:
I'm sure kegstar will be interested in recovering the keg at the very least
They very much take theft of their kegs seriously
They send out a nice pack of merch if they recover a few stolen kegs
Don't ask me how I know...

sp0rk said:
Is it not illegal to sell a keg that isn't yours and without a liquor licence?
Hehe I am sure, but, there are many things that go on that are illegal and 99.9% of it is gotten away with, cops are just glorified tax collectors these days.

Said advert might get pulled by Gumtree eventually for that reason, but, that is not enforcing the law, just blocking the advert......

Still, $4/litre for decent beer is pretty good value.... I just need to source a coupler to make it worth while.

ITC-310T 62 bucks, just ordered one of these, strange it's being sold by lerway, if you buy the one sold by inlbird its 74 bucks however both come from regents Park, NSW, and I also note lerway are authorised agents for inkbird in multiple countries hence i suspect probably the same company selling the same product but at different prices.

At 62 bucks i think it's a bargain, I really like the fact it has 6 timers, can set my lager for 15c for 3 days then 18c for 3 days and not even have to open the fridge

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331998292729

There are a number of configs for the ITC-310T package. I bought mine direct from China for less than $60 delivered and it came with a 30cm long probe on a 1.5m long cable that is connected to a socket on a 10cm tail protruding from the controller. I know someone who bought locally and got a 5cm long probe on a cable that is hardwired directly into the controller.

Different prices may be for different configs.

peteru said:
There are a number of configs for the ITC-310T package. I bought mine direct from China for less than $60 delivered and it came with a 30cm long probe on a 1.5m long cable that is connected to a socket on a 10cm tail protruding from the controller. I know someone who bought locally and got a 5cm long probe on a cable that is hardwired directly into the controller.

Different prices may be for different configs.
Thanks,

Ive just contacted them to ask them about the various options, they do seem to have one with the 30cm probe for about $12 extra. Do you find that useful? do you actually use it druing fermentation and if so have you had to drill a hole in your fermenter to insert it?

I ended up with the 30cm probe because it was the cheapest option at the time, not because I had any particular need for it. I certainly like the fact that it's attached using a plug, rather than hardwired. I also like the option of immersing the probe in the fermenter, if I ever decide to do that. However, for the time being, I just rest the probe against the side of the plastic fermenter. Being so long, it's easy enough to just stick the probe through the gap between the wire handle on the bucket and the wall of the bucket. I actually prefer this configuration because it takes a combined reading of fermenter and fridge temperature. This is less likely to lead to temperature overshoots. So far it has worked out well, I don't get the cooling and heating modes fighting each other, even with the differential set to +/- 0.5C

Back