• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good deal the other day I got the same from woolies and I think it cost me $11 for the can on special and about $7 for the BE2

I just picked up 3x bundle deal Saved $19.50 and also got $0.80 off per pack on the carb lollies. Going there tomorrow for 3x more and stock up.

I love the ease of this kit. I brew this beer with great results.

1.7kg Coopers Pale Ale (pre-hopped extract)
1kg Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 (500g Dextrose, 250g Maltodextrine, 250g LDME)
500g Light Dry Malt Extract
45g Amarillo Hops
30g Cascade Hops
Safale US-05 Yeast

Split up the hops evenly into three additions.
15g Amarillo and 10g Cascade. (15min, 1min, Dry Hop)

Bring 5L of water to the boil, turn off the heat and add 500g Light Dry Malt Extract, mix thoroughly.
Return to the boil for 5mins, add 15min addition of hops, boil for a further 14mins
Add the 1min addition of hops boil for a further 1min and then turn off the heat.
Pour through a sieve into your fermenter, add Coopers Pale Ale can and Coopers BE2, mix thoroughly.
Top up with cold water to 21L
When temp is 18-20c add yeast.
When fermentation settles down, usually after 5 days add the dry hops.
Leave for another 5-7 days until fermentation is finished.
Bottle or keg as usual.

TwoCrows said:
the carb lollies..
arent they sucrose? and add that horrid "home brew" flavour to your brews? i mean, maybe you like that taste and if so go your hardest but please try carbonating with dex or even malt, it makes the world of difference and everyone ive talked out of using sucrose has agreed.

edit: imho they turn a 10/10 brew into a 5/10 brew

Dan` said:
arent they sucrose? and add that horrid "home brew" flavour to your brews? i mean, maybe you like that taste and if so go your hardest but please try carbonating with dex or even malt, it makes the world of difference and everyone ive talked out of using sucrose has agreed.

edit: imho they turn a 10/10 brew into a 5/10 brew
if the small amount of impact a carb drop has on a beer turns it into a 5 then I'm guessing it was nowhere near a 10 to begin with!!

I don't like the "carb drops" but not for that reason. Ever looked at how many commercial beers in australia or even traditional ones like saison have just plain sugar in them? A small amount of sugar is not a problem for many styles of beer.
The thing I don't like about carb drops though is:
1) fine granulated sugar is antibacterial, (see preserves and jams etc), huge lumps of it or processed in different ways definitely is not.
2) the only benefit of not bulk priming is a big one, the beer hits all those little grains and starts carbonating/bubbling and forcing oxygen out of the bottle, so if you're not going to bulk prime, use sugar, not drops, to get more air out of your bottles.
E: off topic

pablo_h said:
fine granulated sugar is antibacterial, (see preserves and jams etc), huge lumps of it or processed in different ways definitely is not.
Huh? References?

peteru said:
If it's anything like The Beer Factory or The Beer Shed (which from the pictures, it appears to be), then the are only equipped to do extract brewing. No facility to do all grain or even BIAB.
Seem to be a lot of these being sold or closing down there must be reason.

Back