• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killer Brew said:
Saw exactly the same thing at a BOP auction in Adelaide in March. Low pre-bids followed by numpties paying overs for a lot of gear. Frustrating as i had heavily researched and had my eyes on some items. Then a fair bit of it turned up on Gumtree in the days later marked up even higher!
I had an employee go and check out alot of stuff that could be utilized within the work space environment as well as a few things for my personal use lol.
Alot of ss benches went just above what we as a business were willing to pay. They were still bargains for anyone working in hospitality, butchery or alike. For someone in the soil laboratory industry it was overkill for the nessesity but still a bargain.
Personally I picked up 3 kegs for $105, 2kg co2 cyl and keg king reg for $82, work bench on caster's for $80, 14x 25kg bags of maltodextrin 3x 25kg bags of dextrose shit tone of yeasts, hops and spec malts for a steal (if you are after any of the following shoot me PM as there is to much just for me!) I will start a thread over the weekend with particulars when they are all weighed up.
Also a little trolley and what not.
Some of the bottle filling stations and stuff went at decent prices but as other have said 1/2 hand kegs $80+ and new kk ones for $150. Numpties pure Numpties...
My mate will get a start up set of keg gear pretty cheap though and I'll be into a lifetime supply of spec malts and dex hahahaha spewing there was no LDM in the lit. Just 10 drums of liquid malt in 345kg barrels!!
Who else scored something?

Digga said:
Personally I picked up 3 kegs for $105, 2kg co2 cyl and keg king reg for $82, work bench on caster's for $80, 14x 25kg bags of maltodextrin 3x 25kg bags of dextrose shit tone of yeasts, hops and spec malts for a steal (if you are after any of the following shoot me PM as there is to much just for me!) I will start a thread over the weekend with particulars when they are all weighed up.
will do

Digga said:
I had an employee go and check out alot of stuff that could be utilized within the work space environment as well as a few things for my personal use lol.
Alot of ss benches went just above what we as a business were willing to pay. They were still bargains for anyone working in hospitality, butchery or alike. For someone in the soil laboratory industry it was overkill for the nessesity but still a bargain.
Also a little trolley and what not.
Some of the bottle filling stations and stuff went at decent prices but as other have said 1/2 hand kegs $80+ and new kk ones for $150. Numpties pure Numpties...
My mate will get a start up set of keg gear pretty cheap though and I'll be into a lifetime supply of spec malts and dex hahahaha spewing there was no LDM in the lit. Just 10 drums of liquid malt in 345kg barrels!!
Who else scored something?
What happened with the brew kettles seems a bit strange a franchise would not have conditions to purchase back equipment this auction could be suppling equipment to start up in competition .

2 cornies in Edmonton Qld $50. Can't post link. Gumtree. Type in "home brew"

Moving to cairns soon but probably not soon enough otherwise I'd probably get em[emoji20][emoji20]

Digga said:
Numpties pure Numpties...
Yeah that auction was a complete joke. Can't believe the prices some people were paying. Pretty typical for MGS, though.
I was super lucky and picked up this "pallet of cardboard" which was actually half a pallet of 6 pack holders and half carton boxes for an absolute steal. Also picked up some hops which I managed to make my money back on and keep a bit for myself. Still, wish people who were willing to pay retail (or more) would have just done so and let the rest of us get a bargain.

Lethaldog said:
Moving to cairns soon but probably not soon enough otherwise I'd probably get em[emoji20][emoji20]
Victoria to Cairns, bye bye winter woollies .

spog said:
Victoria to Cairns, bye bye winter woollies .
Haha yeah that's a big reason why we are going, can't handle another winter in this joint[emoji106] I figure if I live through the first wet summer up there I'll be sweet [emoji23][emoji23]

40 ~ L apparently
Kegmenter?..
image.png
Gumtree

Back