• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't be so skeptical. I'm sure you'll get a 100%, genuine, staniless steel GF, as described.

Capture.JPG

SBOB said:
Whenever I see 'bargains' like this and sellers like this - "made-dodg (0 )" the old phrase 'a fool and his money' quickly come to mind ;)
True, but Fools and their money are protected under Australian Consumer Laws and Ebay Buyer Protection

NewtownClown said:
True, but Fools and their money are protected under Australian Consumer Laws and Ebay Buyer Protection
somewhat, but if I sell you something to be shipped with registered tracking via auspost and I happen to ship you a box full of bricks, TECHNICALLY i have ticked all the eBay boxes for the seller requirements.
you could then raise an item not as described, but you then TECHNICALLY need to send something back and provide the shipping details to Paypal/eBay to adhere to their buyer protection scheme and prove you returned the 'not as described' item...

Way not worth the hassle and the small chance that at the end you still have to prove that you arent the one scamming the system as opposed to the seller (easier to prove than it is for the seller, but why waste your time when there is a 99.9% chance that seller is a scammer)

Not always the case SBOB most retailers put a mark up of 100% plus, if the guy is happy making less of a mark up than what is the norm on the thinking, 'I will sell more' attitude, sometimes it will work most times it won't with something like the Grainfather it will not work, the market isn't big enough.
If the buyer has to return goods as, 'not as described' then the seller has to pay for the return, on line businesses were very good, with excellent returns until the Chinese got involved they have cut the profit margins down to a bare minimum, I am sure that they keep an eye on what is selling and think I can sell this item a lot cheaper and stuff it up for everybody.
Though I don't believe the seller of the Grainfather will be Chinese.

Latest posts

Back