• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure on the aluminium-steel question but 2.6kg is plenty for kegging.

Just be sure where/ how you can get your bottle refilled.

Aluminium is meant to be better verses steel.
Does not impart flavour to gas.
Does not rust
Has 10 year check verses 5 year.
Lighter
Is regarded as preferred type for brewing

One negative with purchasing your own non swap cylinder is you are responsible for having it pressure tested when the date falls due or it will not be refilled.

Size is fine. I have 2 x 2.6 kg aluminium cylinders but never used the second as the first one just wont run out! I know it will but will not be in a rush to refill or swap it.

More important is care for cylinders. The good new ones have a pressure retaining valve in the tap so it never gets completely empty. This stops moisture getting in and corroding the cylinder from the inside out. Only use correct regulators for the gas. Secure the cylinder to prevent it falling over. Also don't drop, bump, tamper etc. google ruptured cylinders and see what can happen. When i was younger I was behind a CIG truck in Mona Vale and a cage of cylinders fell off and cylinders flew everywhere when the taps snapped off. All over in 20 seconds but scary to see 100kg plus cylinders fly past! And the noise was deafening.

Zwitter
James

I have no affiliation with any seller or supplier. Bought both cylinders as part of second hand lots privately. Both are both "my keg on legs" and in excellent condition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was hesitant on this listing, and still am, but am hoping that for some magical reason this actually ends up being legit.

The seller responded to an email (in broken english) about sizing and then sent another email when it was marked as posted so who knows..? Should be covered by both PayPal and the CC used anyways if it all turns to sh!t.

Depending upon the quality, and if it even ends up showing up in AUS, it'll either be used as a kettle or HLT. I thought it was worth living life a little bit dangerously for 50c/L delivered.

Now to hope the $6B from my Nigerian price friend shows up in my account over the next couple of days.

Latest posts

Back