• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my heating element from that seller. Packaged arrived quickly, contained what it said it would... That's the extent of the feedback I have I guess?

Oh, element works as advertised for around 30 brews now.

Thanks to lukiferj, surly & pedleyr!
I might need to do some purchasing ASAP. Bling city! tho sadly it's all purchasing to set up a friend (with his cash, of course)

What do you think about the mention of needing a 15 Amp GPO/powerpoint to handle the 60L urn? I have no idea what my house or his is rated as & it'd be disappointing to have it trip the fusebox every 2 minutes.

Yeah you'd need to be on top of that. In addition to the breaker being rated high enough (fair chance it already is), your standard power point will only be 10 amp so you'll have to get one specifically installed. Usually runs a couple of hundred bucks to get it sorted out.

It'll have a 15 amp plug on it so it wont go into a regular power point. A 15 has a fatter earth pin. Your household power circuit will usually be 16 or 20 amps (16 probably more common) but running to multiple outlets. Your regular power point is only rated to 10amps though. In rough figures 3000 watt is 12.5 Amps thereby overloading any standard domestic power point and creating a potentially hazardous situation.

Now I'll sit back and listen to everyone else telling you to change the plug and she'll be right. Don't listen to them...

Thanks again.
Slightly my bad - the retailer notes that you need to hv a 15 Amp *circuit breaker*. No mention of the GPO end of the deal.
So, Bridges, does this still mean I need a specific GPO fitted? Is there any safe way around this or will it need a sparky to do some work?

I'd ask the seller for clarification on what type of plug it has, standard or 15 amp. If it's standard I'd give serious consideration to passing on the purchase.

If it's a 15 amp plug ideally you should have a dedicated circuit with a 15 amp outlet. This will require a sparky. The price can vary enormously depending on what sort of switchboard you have and where you want the power point in relation to your switch board. There are other appliances that are fifteen amp like welders, spa heat pumps and some plug in air cons for example. There may already be a circuit in your house you can utilize or re purpose.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/runaway-bay/miscellaneous-goods/kegs/1049450841
Kegs
$50.00 Negotiable
Gold Coast

$_20.JPG

Not an ebay listing but a shop that may be interesting for anyone in the Coffs/Grafton area
There's a recycling shop in Craft Close (Hi Tech Industrial Estate off Hogbin Drive) in Toormina, where the wreckers used to be
I picked up a 5L demijohn for $10 and they had a heap of other brewing stuff there, a little immersion element (needed re-wiring), a couple of bottle cappers, some 50L fermenters, stainless tube big enough for a herms housing and heaps of other random junk
might be worth a look if you're in the area
Looks like they're open 9-3 on wednesdays,thursdays, fridays and some saturdays

Back