• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ph34r: Just what very man cave needs...a pie warmer.. sorry now in the days of healthy eating etc (cough cough bullshit). food warmer.... - link

we need a 'brew food' icon. smashed 7 chein wah dim sims (best brand dim sims) the other night over a few pints. :icon_drool2:

citymorgue2 said:
:ph34r: Just what very man cave needs...a pie warmer..

I bet that would be great for jerky.

Batz said:
I bet that would be great for jerky.
yup. this is a backup one that im selling for my folks. ive used their main one for jerky. I can freight it for you batz :p actually id want to deliver it in person and check out that views of yours in person!

:icon_offtopic: south melbourne market dim sims or Jim wong Footscray.i reckon are alot better

ResizeofS6000347.jpg

citymorgue2 said:
I

yup. this is a backup one that im selling for my folks. ive used their main one for jerky. I can freight it for you batz :p actually id want to deliver it in person and check out that views of yours in person!
I have a dehydrator I use for jerky, but your welcome to visit anytime you like. Always a few beers on tap.

Batz

i dont like the sout melbourne market dimmies, always way to much gristle and crap for me. jimmy wongs is one of the most overrated chinese joints anywhere on earth jjust go down the road into footscray itself and pick almost any other chinese place an you will get better chinese food. unless lemon chicken is the height of asian cooking in your eyes in wich case the dumbed down food on offer at jimmy wongs might be just what satisfies.

DU99 said:
:icon_offtopic: south melbourne market dim sims or Jim wong Footscray.i reckon are alot better

ResizeofS6000347.jpg
if we are talking "homemade" then my folks kill them all. they run fish and chip shops. my old man used to be a chef. they now buy run down shops, build them and sell them off.
They also now make their own dim sims (potato cakes, souvlaki bread etc) for all the glutards (sorry gluten free or gluten challanged) out there. those are unbelievable they sell a few hundred a week to people who ring up and pre order frozen ones so they can take home. but my folks dont give me those. i just get the occasional bag of commercial ones.

marathon suck. full of crap and no flavour. deep fried dimmies keep well in this if the temp is kept high.

edit: blatant plug for their shop. Fish Galore and More, Mountain Hwy Wantirna Vic.

citymorgue2 said:
:ph34r: Just what very man cave needs...a pie warmer.. sorry now in the days of healthy eating etc (cough cough bullshit). food warmer.... - link

we need a 'brew food' icon. smashed 7 chein wah dim sims (best brand dim sims) the other night over a few pints. :icon_drool2:
'Chien' is French for 'dog'....coincidence ??

None for me thanks...

ok so off topic. pls forgive.
Danwood said:
'Chien' is French for 'dog'....coincidence ??

None for me thanks...
heathen. dim sims are chinese. well australian if youve ever seen the movie Take Away.

Yup, I'm aware they're Chinese, it's just too close for me.

Plus virtually every one I've tried is roughly 50% gristle/connective tissue.

Anyway...back to the topic

BoroniaNewBrewer said:
Found this on ebay and went looking for this seller on the interweb.

Would these be good as fermenters? or cubes for the no-chillers?

I am keen to find some square fermenters so I can fit them in my fermenting fridge better.

The dimension of these are 26*26*40cm

Pretty cheap at $7.25.

Pick up is available in huntingdale

http://www.costcutters.com.au/tools/jerry-cans/25l-plastic-container-clear-jerry-can-with-lid.html
Doesn't mention it being food safe.

My old turkey burner and high pressure reg.... needs a seal replaced on the gas bottle connection.

It was working well (prior to the seal disappearing in my last move) but I'm mainly brewing smaller batches on my electric setup these days.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111021767486

Back