• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't sure where to put this but I recently bought a 30 plate Heat Exchanger (ebay) and the seller emailed this morning with:

"I am getting in a trial order of 10 units that are very similar to the mashmaster / chillout HE with 1/2" stainless barbs built in. I am thinking about $129 delivered? If you know anyone who may be interested I would welcome their contact."

If you are interested then contact Geoff ([email protected]).

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Ian...

Yeah I couldnt believe it when I saw it... heh what a joke...

Wow, I've got 4 of them - didn't realize I was sitting on a gold mine. Think I'll under cut him and ask for $100 ea :lol:

There was a lot of stainless benches on grays that finished 2pm today, and a 6m long stainless front marble top bar that was only $19 yesterday. Didnt see what they went for though. Probably best to look on there for that kind of thing

which means what? they don't look as nice, they aren't as inert, don't last as long?
You're new here aren't you boy? :lol: :p

This forum seems to make you develop an unholy obsession with stainless steel.... because it's so pretty....

which means what? they don't look as nice, they aren't as inert, don't last as long?

You just need to take a little more care with them when cleaning not to remove the oxide layer. Even if you do the aluminium will re oxidise.

On another note aluminium has better thermal properties so will spread the heat over the base better with a burner. Plus they are easier to drill holes in.

(I was just being cheeky really, not trying to restart the ali/stainless debate) but here are some reasons.....all open to interpretation.

Stainless is preferable, but not within everyone's price range, so aluminium gets used as a cheaper option to get into bigger pots. Ali is softer, becomes porous over time, harder to clean, easier to damage, doesn't last as long, can't be exposed to certain cleaning solutions because of corrosion concerns. There have been rumours of alzheimers etc from using ali, but that depends on who you talk to and what day of the week it is/what direction the environmental winds are blowing.
The asthetics of the way stainless looks is a sideline benefit as far as I'm concerned, I use it for it's other benefits;
Easy to clean, reasonably difficult to damage, resistant to corrosive solutions (easier to clean), does not become porous over time, and generally will last longer than any of us will if looked after.
It's all relative. My grandmother has 40 year old ali pots and pans that are still fine because she's looked after them. I've eaten thousands of meals out of them and I'm sort of normal.. ^_^ . Alzheimers etc doesn't even feature in my reasons for preferring stainless, as I've never met anyone with alzheimers that I didn't think there was a good chance was caused by too many drugs and too much alcohol....

You make your choice according to your own circumstances, intentions and budget :) From what I can tell, the beer doesn't care too much what it gets boiled in...:)

Ahhh... the old Alzheimer's myth that never dies. Who would have though it would be brought up by someone flogging stainless steel gear? ;)

http://www.sciam.com/print_version.cfm?art...150B82197D70864

The latest research actually suggest that Alzheimer's may be a form of diabetes

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/...70926113835.htm

Back to the other off-topic, I just got rid of my aluminium HLT for a stainless one. I live close to the beach and it was not standing up well to the salt air. That white crusty corrosion that ally get was forming in and around the holes for the tap, temp probe etc.

Ahhh... the old Alzheimer's myth that never dies. Who would have though it would be brought up by someone flogging stainless steel gear? ;)

Wow, and I thought I made it clear that I thought the ali=alzheimers argument was a load of shite and didn't feature as a downside for ali as far as I was concerned - myth made up by naysayers...

If I was bringing it up to 'flog stainless gear' surely I would have said - 'Don't use ali, it will give you alzheimers...' instead of ......

ahhh %^#$%^# it, why do I bother ....................... <_< For what it's worth zizzle, I do sell ali pots. If I was that worried about them, I wouldn't.

Graysonline have a timber slab sale be good for anyone in Vic looking to build a bar

link

Brand New 3.5kg Chubb CO2 Fire extinguisher in NSW. $110 Buy-It-Now.

Link

That's damned cheap for a CO2 extinguisher. He's actually telling the truth about the normal price, they retail from Chubb for $367.00 plus GST....

That's damned cheap for a CO2 extinguisher. He's actually telling the truth about the normal price, they retail from Chubb for $367.00 plus GST....
Exactly - I would have "bought it now" if I didn't already have a MyKegOnLegs cylinder.
Even with shipping ($25), it's still cheap for a new 3.5kg CO2 bottle.
...though not sure what an adapter for attaching a regulator would cost...

Latest posts

Back