• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you manage that MJ? I've got a 40l urn and had no idea I could make 20l of such strong beer in one that size!

mash, drain bag, small sparge, empty bag of grain , add more grain, repeat ..... twiceo_O (Known as a reiterated mash)

Actually was a pretty easy day probably 7 hrs all told but was only there for bag swaps beginning and end of the boil. However I did leave the boil to the next day as the boss dropped me off at The Foragers Drop on the way to the airport, the tap range is a little hoppy ATM and memory a little fuzzy.
Give it a whirl if you have two bags real easy.
Mike

ED: remember to raise temp and volume back up to strike at each mash in.

So 4 bags of grain all up? Christ... how many kg did you use in each bag?

I've done a couple reiterated mashes (BIAB in my Crown 40L) and they've both turned out great, highly recommend this method for those high ABV brews where you're trying to retain the larger volume from your setup..

40L Jacketed Stainless Steel Vat with mixer $350 Alphington VIC

"40 litre jacketed stainless steel vat.
Currently on a trolley with mixer.
Mixer operates at 40rpm.
Jacket has a 800kw immersion element.
Would be ideal as a jacketed mash tun for home brewing or for home cheese making"

Would a mixer be necessary with a 40lt tun?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/alp...ted-stainless-steel-vat-with-mixer/1160581168

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ferny-hills/miscellaneous-goods/home-brew-equipment/1161146337

Lots of nice stuff Brisbane

Maybe a AHB'r ?

All grain home brew equipment. 6xkegs ($80each) 4xfermenters $10 each), 2xfridges ($50each), 2x50lt urns ($70each), 2x100lt boil kegs $70 each), 1xcopper coil cooler ($50), 2xkeg king heat exchanger coolers ($50 each), 2xkeg king pumps ($40 each), 1x150lt kegerator ($300), 1x6.8kg CO2 bottle ($100), 2xCO2 gauges ($30), 2xbags grain ($20 each), 3x5ltr oak kegs ($50each), gereral equipment ($200). $1500 for all or willing to seperate for right price.

According to the ad Bond changed the way beer was made in Australia so I think you might be right there Grott. Did he have any thing to do with VB?

Latest posts

Back