• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

ebay and gum tree finds

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Stouter

Reaction score
Dunno about the tap quality, but I've had no issues with this eBay supplier. I've used them 4-5times, but granted that was for basic things very far removed from a tap which may be factory seconds or an inferior copy.

laxation

Phlegm TB
Reaction score
Can't afford not to! I dont know how shops justify $50+ for them
I don't really know what it is, or how it works, but my hydrometer is 4 points out and the little bottle you fill up is cracking, so I got one too :p

mtb

Beer Bod
Reaction score
Scored myself some stainless winemaking drums recently. Four of them have lids/seals etc, the fifth might make a nice candidate for a HLT. $110 for the lot.
I bought them sight unseen as I had a feeling it was a steal, and someone else would get to them first. They were used for small batch winemaking. Anyone know what modifications I'll need to make to use them as fermenters? Installing a beer post and diptube, I assume

Grott

Beer Embalmer
Reaction score
Scored myself some stainless winemaking drums recently. Four of them have lids/seals etc, the fifth might make a nice candidate for a HLT. $110 for the lot.
I bought them sight unseen as I had a feeling it was a steal, and someone else would get to them first. They were used for small batch winemaking. Anyone know what modifications I'll need to make to use them as fermenters? Installing a beer post and diptube, I assume
mtb how in the heck are you getting these past the missus? As I recall you were recently frightened over some stainless benches.

Tony121

Reaction score
The key is to bring it into the brewery under the cover of darkness. That way, when she notices it, she assumes it was already there. Flawless method!
Same approach I have, or the other one "You wouldn't believe what a guy at work was getting rid of"

Minpac

Reaction score
Nice score MTB...if I was in Canberra, I'd be able to help by borrowing one or two of those from you!

Reactions: mtb

malt junkie

Reaction score
5v all the way, you know you wanna go pro!

Latest posts