• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hippy said:
Is no bullshit. Is good letter of beer.
Is not good letter, is good two letter of beer.

Is carb level low good two. Most beer bomb home bottle explosions, safe juice let safety low show.

Might be that they're all commercially owned. Bottles are BOC, kegs I can't tell but I'll betcha $50 they aren't legal.

Guessing they're made of obtanium, possibly GABS leftovers.

Mardoo said:
The 80's would make a sweet triple batch 3V system.
Phwoar... I see you like to live dangerously.

Triples on my 90L are a close thing with boil overs. On an 80 I can imagine it would be a bit like that magic trick of wading into waist deep freezing water without getting your balls wet.

I was after that 200L barrel, but it was already being picked up tonight.

Minpac said:
I was after that 200L barrel, but it was already being picked up tonight.
Check out rolloutthebarrel. for about $50 more you can get one guaranteed fresh and just out of service.

800L(?) french oak barrel in Melbourne - $1,100:

s-l500.jpg

Not sure that the capacity is correct since the info on the cooper's website says this range only goes up to 600L, which would match the number of hoops and the guesstimated stave thickness...

GibboQLD said:
800L(?) french oak barrel in Melbourne - $1,100:

Not sure that the capacity is correct since the info on the cooper's website says this range only goes up to 600L, which would match the number of hoops and the guesstimated stave thickness...
Capacity looks about right by eyeball - I work with 500s every day and that's significantly larger, assuming the rack it's on is standard width.

That being said the price is ridiculous for a 15 year old barrel in dubious condition: the wet lines on the head joints are a bad sign.

Latest posts

Back