• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeremy said:
Anyone know of a good use for Privatbrauerei Hoepfner kegs? Would be a bargain and a half if you could use them!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/o-sullivan-beach/miscellaneous-goods/beer-brewing-barrels/1107665900
I got 5 rubber coated kegs from a scrap yard that the Swan Brewery had disposed of when they closed down. I was going to use them in a 3 vessel RIMS system. I cut the top off three of them, I don't recommend anyone do this it's not worth the trouble and is extremely dangerous to boot. Two of the kegs had heavy beer stone buildup on the bottom and one had deformed on the bottom probably from being dropped while under pressure, as the SS inner vessel is a lot thinner than normal kegs.

If someone was going to cut the top off one of these I'd cut the whole top off from the side of the keg, and not from the top as I did. If you have the gear to clean the inside of the kegs properly they might be okay to use normally of course.

I had to hack into mine with a hammer and chisel to get the rubber off because an identification plate on the top of the keg was so high even using a 5" angle grinder (don't do it this way though) Do as Mardoo suggests then use a plasma cutter. But overall I reckon it's not worth the trouble.

I think the guy selling those kegs could also be a cat breeder with all them kittens running around no wonder he can't brew any more...

They don't look the part, couldn't you use them on your smoker.

IMG_0293.jpg

These take about the same amount of time.

wide eyed and legless said:
They don't look the part, couldn't you use them on your smoker.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0293.jpg

These take about the same amount of time.
Can't see any dovetail joints in those crates,c,mon make em real crafty.

Bit of a long shot, but I thought I'd post it on here. Friends of mine are in the process of selling a commercial property and the prospective buyers want the fridges/coolroom removed.

Located in Buderim, Queensland.

Latest posts

Back