• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update.
These pots are shit. Do not buy.
Came with dents, very thin, and I suspect not "18/10" stainless as advertised.
I am in the process of trying to get a refund.

Would the thin walls of these pots be a problem if I were thinking of putting an element in it or using an over the side element rather than using gas? Dents don't bother me so much although that is a bit dodgy I guess.

Would the thin walls of these pots be a problem if I were thinking of putting an element in it or using an over the side element rather than using gas? Dents don't bother me so much although that is a bit dodgy I guess.

I'm sure they'd be fine if you weren't directly firing them, but they are more likely to rust, have handles fall off, etc.

You are also limited in the future if you do decide to directly fire them. Means you've got to go out and spend another few hundred clams on new gear. I always believe buy well, buy once. The extra $50-$60 will be well worth the outlay.

Alternatively you could legally acquire a stainless 50L keg and set it up for BIAB, MT, HLT or kettle.

My 2c.

JD

It was overall bad quality. Some pics below. I imagine the areas around the handles would be first to have problems.
On pressing them they told me it was 201 Stainless Steel. WTF? That is not what you want for cooking, and not what was advertised.
They've agreed to refund me for it, it's going back today.

The only reason I bought this one was because Craftbrewer weren't expecting stock until December. But much time has passed and now I will just wait a week or two more and buy one from them, who I trust.

IMG_0783___Copy.JPG
IMG_0784___Copy.JPG
IMG_0785___Copy.JPG
IMG_0786___Copy.JPG

Yeah, they do look pretty crap. And the handles are a pretty important part when you've got 36L of hot liquid! I'm starting to learn it's a good motto to live by- buy once buy well.
Thanks

FYI Looks more like the Willhi WH7016C.
(Haven't used it myself - and although it does say it does heating and cooling it only appears to have one power output. The STC1000 has two separate power outputs, one for the heater and one for the cooler.)

At $5 who's complaining?

Most of the shiny stuff you'd need to set up a small micro brewery listed here...it's nice to dream ;)

There's also a few listings for oak chips and small quantities of hops too btw

http://www.graysonline.com/catering-and-ho...tion/vic?page=1

From the above... I might buy this for the brewery/garage http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0308-300244...weries?spr=true

I'd place my two 30l fermenters under it, get myself a white coat and clipboard and wander across it occaisionally, muttering "excellent...excellent'' as I look down :)

There are some cool items in that Grays Online auction:

manual fruit press $265 for the cider people.
Stainless olive drum $115. You could easily convert this to fermentor. Actually ther are quite a few different sizes of these. 100L, 50L
40L fruit crate It's even red so will improve anyone's brewing
Stainless mesh vessel $1100/ If you were wanting to make a massive Braumiser

And this is what you'd have to strut arounf on with clipboard muttering excellent, excellent: Malt mill platform

And about 5 more pages of stuff I can't be bothered going through.

Pisser about every item being pick up only!

Latest posts

Back