Easy Siphon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one like that and found it doesn't fit into the 5L demis. Should be fine for bigger ones though.

Yeah but I haven't double checked the measurements of mine with the one in the link, simply assumed they are the same.

What about a jiggle syphon ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1427755423.472589.jpg these are the ones I sell at work , all be it a hardware shop

Dips Me Lid said:
I'm looking to purchase an auto siphon to transfer some beer out of some demijohn's, I saw this one on the G and G website,

http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/products/category/LEMRTMKG%20pumps-siphons-and-tubing/7SIPHON+EASY+SYPHON+3+8+I

Anyone have any experience with these or any recommendations for other brands?

Cheers
Dan.
This is the one I have. Don't think it's the same as G&G. Max diameter is 28.5mm and won't fit into a 5L glass demijohn, for these I just use the inner and start siphon with water.
Brew corner 091.jpg

I bought a stainless Steel jiggy siphon head that fits onto a 1/2" silicon hose that works well. Can't remember where I bought it, I think it was from Nev at onlinebrewingsupplies
Dave

these siphons are good... I found the 3/8" one really slow, so I upgraded to the 1/2"... now it pulls too fast, which sometimes creates a lovely potentially oxidizing vortex so I have to throttle the tube slightly... lol

The clear vinyl is stated to conform to AS/NZS 2070 for food contact but I dunno about the siphon. I use the same type of clear vinyl to rack from fermenters though mine fits inside the fermenter taps, just what I had lying around and does the job.

I have a siphon, originally from G&G I believe.

Had a problem with drawing air in with the racked wort, and bubbling through to the 2nd vessel, when the top vessel got down to about 30cm of wort/beer/liquid.
Probably OK for oxygenating wort on the way to the fermentor, but definitely unsuitable for racking fermented beer to the keg.
For a long time, I assumed it was the way it worked, but eventually concluded that I got a dud unit. I even tried silicone spray to help the seal, but still the same. May try some keg lube on the racking tube.

If you buy one (and they can be a great unit) please test it early with a bucket full of water and a similar size bucket.

superstock said:
All

All guaranteed food grade??
The hose is food grade. The siphon doesn't say I don't think. But it's just plastic, it breaks apart easily and is easy to clean and sanitise.

Only for use on cool wort I will add.

Back