Eagle Blue Anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Dog Brewery

Reaction score
Hi All,
Many years ago (the last GP race in Adelaide) I scored 10 dozen eagle blue bottles that weren't consumed during the race (not surprising!) Anyway in preference to knocking the tops off and rinsing them I have left them in the "6 pack" plastic until I needed them. I now keg and Im left with these bottles.

Now they were (IMO) not worth drinking then and they certainly wouldn't have improved with age however does anyone think (simular to the papal beer and duff) that they may be worth something at auction. I'm guessing not but then again I have called it wrong before - apparently Blue Poles wasn't a crappy painting!!!

Thoughts

BDB

Eagle Blue?

Don't mind if i do...

not!

Checked Ebay?

Eagle Blue?

Don't mind if i do...

not!

Checked Ebay?

I dont think you can sell full bottles on eBay.

Good idea though

Cheers BDB

You can sell the bottles, just not the contents.

If you mention that the auction is for the bottles only and that they by chance just happen to still contain the product you should be ok...I've seen it done before :)

PZ.

Eagle Blue?

Don't mind if i do...

not!

Checked Ebay?

I dont think you can sell full bottles on eBay.

Good idea though

Cheers BDB

You can sell the bottles, just not the contents.

If you mention that the auction is for the bottles only and that they by chance just happen to still contain the product you should be ok...I've seen it done before :)

PZ.

There is no shortage of unopened 6 packs of Duff Beer floating around ebay, and there is wine available..

McLarenVale cleanskins link

Fester

I'll just about pay you to tip them out and never mention that beer on this forum again <_<

I'd almost pay you to tip them out :)

FWIW When I did the Tafe barman course we had to pour eagle blue because it was a ******* to pour for some reason, so they figured if we could pour a butcher (SA small beer glass - interesting story to that as well) of blue, then we could pour anything. We were actually told we could drink as much as we liked, so it all got poured down the sink.

LOL - too quick for me Jayse, i'll pay him to burn all the labels :D

Did E***e B**e only come in the old-style Pickaxe Echoes?
I still have a couple kicking around (as well as plenty of W**t E*d E****t and D*****t) and they're bullet proof.
The bottles would be worth a hundred times the contents.

those bottles have been the main stays of the SA homebrewing and local italian tomato sauce hobbys since forever.

Back