E. Melbourne Yeast Vials Mini-Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's why I used them for the BB I organised, so it was a minimum order of 50.

Plus, for orders over $250, shipping is free :super:

Edit: BTW, for those wanting 15ml PP tubes, the product code you want is LCA04 & they're $27 for a minimum pack of 100.

50 ml autoclavable vials, molded gradations:
1. droid - 100 (if minimum order number not met then 200 x 30mls)

30ml autoclavable vials, molded gradations:
1. Mardoo - 200 vials
2. Nullnvoid - 100 vials
3. MartinOC - 200 vials
4. Yob - 100 vials
5. DJ_L3ThAL - 100 vials - happy to also be a collection point for anyone near Preston.
6. Mat B - 50 vials
7. GoodDuck - 50 vials
8. Ferg - 50 vials
9. BlindDog - 100 vials

15ml autoclavable vials, printed gradations: (LCA04)
1. Midnight Brew x150 (min order is 100 pk, I've upped mine to 150 to account for mofox's 50.)
2. Mofox1 x50

Cheers Midnight Brew... I'm also happy to go up to 100 if you don't really want the extra 50.

Mardoo: Any chance of two of your favourite type of stir bars thrown in to the buy? Or was that from a different supplier?

Well, diggin' these vials. 50 per pressure cooker rack.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1494254414.877185.jpg

Also diggin' the stir wheels I bought to check our. Dayum, do they move some volume!!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1494254482.225549.jpg

BTW, the vials seem to have some kind of liner inside the cap. I tested them last night and they can handle the pressure cooker just fine. We may not want to crank down the lids until the yeast is in. Also, I'm not yet sure how reuseable these will be, but they seem awesome so far and I'm stoked to have a flat lid to write on. We'll have to see.

Oh, and they don't have volume markings on the side, but it's damn easy to eyeball halfway if you're using the 50/50 water/glycerine ratio and then adding the yeast. I used a squeeze bottle to make it easy to fill them. Just grabbed a (relatively unscented) dish liquid bottle out of the recycling. Dead easy.

View attachment 97087

Where did you get the stir wheels mate? I'm about to order some bars cos I keep losing the bloody things. Might get them instead

I got the wheels here. The wheels are stock number L39-42. Bit pricey. It was kind of an experimental buy, but interestingly enough they seem to have solved a problem I was having with the magnets scraping the inside of the stir plate enclosure, which is awesome. I also really like the L38-5016 oval stir bars, on the same page. They can move some serious volume too, but the wheels can pull a cone all the way down to the bottom of the flask. This is particularly good for the vitality starters I've been mucking around with.

Thanks for organising Mardoo.
Next questions...
Where do people get the aforementioned glycerin(?)?
And how do you use it?

A couple people never picked theirs up, and haven’t responded to PM’s. I’ll try again and see if any of them want a refund. If so, I can sell them on to you to give them a refund.

None yet. I tried one more time this morning, but if no response I’ll make them available. You know, you think in a few months they might have checked their PM’s, but it’s just not the done thing to move on bulk buy stuff, so one more time.

OK, one person has claimed theirs, so I’ll wait a couple weeks to see if the other does too. I’ll set a reminder to get back here. @EastVicLad you’ll have first dibs if they become available.

FYI guys, Clever Brewing is going to get a box (~300) of PP 15ml centrifuge tubes that are excess to requirements for BrewShop (NZ) sometime in March.

They won't be put-up on the website for general sale, but I'll offer them to anyone that wants them at $25 for a bag of 50 (Proscitech is asking ~$40/50).

Details TBA.

Latest posts

Back