Dunkel Weizen Recipe Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crd0902

Reaction score
Hi all. Just trying to make my first dunkel weizen for a mate and found a recipe on here from a Morgan's website but can't get hold of some of the bits. Recipe was Morgan's golden sheaf wheat beer kit, 2kg Morgan's choc malt master blend, saaz hops @ 45, 15 and hallertau at flameout 10gr each and Morgan's ale yeast. Modified recipe is- wheat tin, 1.5 kg amber Lme, 250 gr dark malt, 250 gr corn flour or whatever it's called, wb-06 yeast and 12 gr of each hops. How is that sounding. Cheers everyone Chris

Ok I'm puttin it down tomorrow so I hope she's all good. Just brewed a lcpa clone and about to keg. Tasty as all buggery. Can't wait

I love Dunkelweizens, and have brewed a few, although I brew AG.

However, I can't get my head around your recipe, even though I'm trying to visualise what it will end up as.

The Amber Malt is out of place in a beer of this style. The corn isn't flour, it will be a corn sugar of some sort.

Dunkelweizens are not hop driven, and late hops have no place in it. WB-06 is OK.

Still, you'll make a beer, and at the end of the day, it's your recipe, and it just might turn out to be something you'll really enjoy! Go for it, in the absence of more expert responses than mine.

I can't upload a photo or anything but in kits and extracts forum I type in dunkel weizen and there is a thread called dunkel hefe-weizen and there's a post down further with the recipe from morgans and then the modifications to it that the poster did. Also the lhbs looked in her books and it's what she suggested too. I really not sure as I normally cook pale ales. Cheers

Oh and it is corn sugar just mental blank when I was typing

Well cooked er up exactly as planned smelled great, I'll update soon

Back